“I was pampered and I loved it!”

Blue Heron Seaside Inn
Ranked #11 of 15 Boothbay Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I will start with saying I don't normally do the Inn thing. I very much like my privacy and I'm not too inclined to chat with fellow travelers. I also don't like touristy places but alas I found myself in Boothbay Harbor and staying at The Blue Heron. Upon arrival I was very warmly greeted but I felt a little tense because I thought breakfast was going to be a formal affair, and I thought it was going to be too many people for my taste. I was also concerned that the room was going to be very loud, as it was adjacent to the breakfast room. I love being wrong! My room was an unexpected oasis. It must have been soundproofed to the hilt because I didn't hear anyone else, it was delightful. I loved the space, the cleanliness, the amenities and yes, I felt pampered and that's not something I'm used to. Carol was a gem, and once she realized that I didn't want to eat breakfast with everyone else, she brought my breakfast to me on a tray, and I ate at the little table and chairs on the back side of the inn facing the harbor right outside my door. It was wonderful! I don't know what another reviewer meant by saying the bed was terrible, mine sure wasn't, it was like sleeping on a cloud. There is only one con, I agree with another reviewer about the towels. They were very rough feeling and abrasive. I explained this to the lovely housekeeper and she brought me all new towels but they too were the same. It may be Maine's water (?) because I experienced this same thing at several other places. Regardless, great place to stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is our second visit. We had a lovely time. This Bed & Breakfast is wonderful. We would highly recommend staying here. It has a great view of the harbor. It's close to many shops and restaurants. The rooms are spacious, with great light. Carol, the housekeeper, was terrific. Very helpful!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
MaineSeabreeze, Owner at Blue Heron Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for your return visit. We're happy you had another pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your comments and for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This was a wonderful Inn. Carol is the innkeeper and servers a delicious breakfast. She is very helpful with places to eat & visit. The rooms are very large with coffee makers & refrigerator . The view is very nice overlooking the Harbor. The owner Phil was present at breakfast & during the day with suggestions on dining & history of the area. The only negative thing was the towels. They were HORRIBLE. Small, rough and not at all what you would expect at any Inn. I did tell the owner & the innkeeper. They need to be thrown away immediately.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
MaineSeabreeze, Owner at Blue Heron Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're happy you enjoyed your room and the harbor views. I apologize for the towel issue, we are looking into it. We appreciate your feedback to help us improve our services. Happy future travels, we hope you come again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This Inn is absolutely gorgeous. The grounds are beautiful and the flowers really pop. We stayed in room #1 Sandpiper. The room was decorated with a nautical theme. It was elegant, not commercial or cheap looking. It came with a small refrigerator/freezer, microwave, Keurig and cable tv. The room had a lot of space to relax and move around and the bathroom was a nice size. The owners really pay attention to detail. The Inn Keeper is a very pleasant woman and knowledgeable about the area. The owner, Phil, is also very nice to talk to. Really, really nice people. They serve breakfast in the morning which includes baked goods, fruit, and alternate between waffles and eggs. The eggs was more of a quiche style so if you are particular about what you eat for breakfast then ask in detail as to what is served. If it doesn't work for you, there is a wonderful breakfast place called Mama D's. This is down the first street when walking north. They have a full variety of breakfast. The other great thing about staying at this Inn is that it is in walking distance to the town. We walked all over which is a nice change from having to drive. The back porch over looks the harbor and there are a couple of chairs and a table per room. Plus there are Adirondack chairs on the grass. Overall we were very happy with our choice.

There are a couple of cons. From the back you will see there are 3 levels above the ground. If you select a room above the main floor, be prepare to carry your luggage all the way up. There were some older couples that came in and struggled carrying their luggage. There was no one on site to help with this. If you get a room on the first floor you can park in front to unload your luggage and then bring your car around the back.

The other con was that the bed was hard as a rock and the pillows weren't very comfortable. I did not complain about this because there is nothing they can do. Like with any place, you never know what kind of mattress or pillows you are going to get. If you are driving up you may want to bring your own pillows. If you like super firm mattresses then you will love this one. We like soft mattresses.

Overall this place is worth the money. Enjoy.

Room Tip: 1st floor provides less stairs to climb when unloading luggage, has same beautiful view as all other...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful detailed review. It's great to know you liked your room, the amenities and decor. We have a selection of pillows of different softness on hand, from white down to fiber filled, upon request. I'm sorry that information wasn't available for you. We hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Our week at Blue Heron Seaside was wonderful. We stayed in #5 on the 3rd floor of the building and certainly got our exercise for the week! The 2 bedroom with one bath was just right for us as the 'front' bedroom didn't have a closet and the bathroom separated the 2 bedrooms...not sure 2 couples could have made that work easily.
Carol greeted us when we arrived and she was an absolute delight the entire week. She accommodated our dietary 'challenges' each morning by adapting her breakfast menu for us...and with a smile and her infectious laugh.
This is definitely a place for the more 'mature' traveler...quiet, relaxing and beautiful. The Inn is a short walk to all the restaurants and shops in town if you want to explore, and has a lovely balcony seating areas outside your room if all you want to do is take in the fresh air with a nice book and a glass of something 'red'.
Thank you Phil and Carol for your hospitality...we'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments. We 're happy to know Seafoam Suite #5 was a good choice for your stay in Boothbay Harbor. It was a pleasure meeting you, we look forward to your return visit!