“My go to place”

Atlantic Edge Lobster
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Every Time i go to boothbay harbor, i stop in and get some fresh lobsters. Always have amazing lobsters, tasty and fresh. My routine is to pick them up, put them in my own container off our dock in the ocean...then steam them up for dinner. Its a routing I just can't wait for. The staff is always friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank Rob W
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Edge Lobster

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

So this is supposedly the place to buy lobster to take home. They pack it for you and everything. Stopped and bought 8 - 1 1/2 pound lobsters and asked if they would be good to serve for lunch the next day. I was told yes, they would go in with a gel pack and would be fine. I did not see the lobsters before they were packaged but assumed they were good. The next day at lunch we steamed the lobsters--who appeared live but were not moving a whole lot as they were still very cold-- for 12 minutes and served to friends and family. 4 of the 8 were delicious. The other 4 did not even seem to have meat. The tails were more like cottage cheese. It was disgusting and an embarrassment as I had promised delicious fresh lobsters. I called to let Atlantic Edge know, convinced they would make good on it since it had cost me $76 but they said there was nothing they would do. The lobsters were probably dead and they couldn't stand by them or refund me or replace them. This was ridiculous in my opinion-- most of their business is shipping lobsters-- with no guarantee why would anyone go there again? I sure won't and won't leave it as a recommended place for our renters either. Go to Maniac Lobster or Robinson's Wharf instead.

1  Thank Julie E
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I don't like picking my own meat, and this place saves me the trouble. For less than the cost of two lobster rolls at a restaurant, I can make five or more generous rolls for my friends and family. Very fresh and convenient.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We ordered 2 steamed lobsters on 2 successive days, picked them up when promised late in the afternoon, and enjoyed then for dinner at our place with our own sides and wine.The lobsters were excellent and the service was very good. This is a great way to have lobster - can’t be fresher, far more economical than dining out. Dropped from 5 stars because pick up window narrow at between 4:30-5:00PM

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We love lobster and the lobsters at Atlantic Edge are the best we've ever had--3 years running. And the folks that work there are indefatigably nice and helpful.