All reviews continental breakfast room was clean main building lobster bisque great view haddock within walking distance in town private balcony park your car shops and restaurants watch the boats would stay here again bit dated stayed one night visit to boothbay harbor labor day
Reviewed 9 January 2018

spent an amazing weekend on the harbor with the boyfriend and everything was perfect. the customer care was over the top friendly and the breakfast buffet was delish! also enjoyed the cool nights with the hot tub on the dock. the physical room its self was comfortable and nice. had an amazing time and would do it again!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cortneymckown
Reviewed 22 December 2017

The Inn is right on the water, with nice views and close to the town of Boothbay Harbor, and the breakfast is generous, but the rooms are quite small for the price, and had a somewhat musty smell. They were completely undistinguished and without charm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view in the Tugboat itself.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2017

A great hotel with wonderful views of the bay. Sits away from all the small shops but is within walking distance of everything. The rooms was a bit small but the beds were very comfortable. There is the restaurant that connects to the rooms that serves good food. Locations and views are it's best assets. Looking forward to another summer vacation here in the Booth Bay community.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Was just in Boothbay for the festival of lights on the 9th of Dec. I have stayed at the Tugboat a few times before and was always happy with the service and rooms, as well as the location making it an easy walk to all downtown places.

When My girlfriend and I checked in, I signed a document saying I would not smoke in the room, which I always am aware of because I am a cigar smoker and I like to know where I can have an after dinner cigar. When we walked into the room (room 501 in the red building) the smell of stale cigarette smoke hit us both AND it was so cold in the room, They had not had the heat in in this room for a long long time.

We battled through all of this and went out to the dinner and events we had planned, but when we got back and went to bed, my GF had a lot of trouble sleeping and I have never heard her so stuffed up, the smell of the room was really bad. When I checked out and mentioned it the clerk said that was impossible because the entire Hotel was "non smoking". I explained this smell did not seem to be from a one time guest, it had been going on a while. Clerk gave no reaction. Just a "sorry". I didn't want a free room or anything like that, just an acknowledgment that we had a bad stay and a willingness to try to keep pour business. We wont be back, I will take the extra time and call other places in the area, of which there are several.

D. Scala
Wakefield NH

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 398das
BSS59, General Manager at Tugboat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that your accommodations were not up to par during your recent visit with us. We are indeed a non-smoking facility, and we make every effort to enforce that at all times, however occassionally a guest may not honor that policy. We have also found that even if a guest does not actually smoke IN the room, there can be lingering smoke on clothing which transfers to the room. We apologize that we did not do a better job of refreshing the room, and had we know about that the night before we would have gladly changed your location. We also are very sorry about your cold arrival, at this time of year we do try to turn the heat on for our advance reservations, but unfortunately this room was overlooked. We very much appreciate your feedback and will certainly pay more attention to these matters in the future.

Bonnie Stover

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just stayed in this beautiful inn and we loved it! We were visiting for a romantic get away. Between all the Christmas lights during the evening and the look out of the harbor in the morning it was the best way to share a cozy get away. We will gladly be back!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple