“sunset dinner”
Review of 88 Restaurant

88 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
88 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Enjoyed a romantic dinner. The wine menu is varied and reasonably priced and we were greeted with a glass of prosecco. Fish and sea food (to be expected in the region) were great quality.

1  Thank Andrew R
There are newer reviews for 88 Restaurant

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My wife, daughter, and I had dinner at 88 last week - in summary, it was priceless. Food and service were extraordinary and the view is absolutely special, particularly at sunset. I would have loved to simply stop time and relish the experience indefinitely - it was that good!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to celebrate our last evening at the Spruce Point Inn in Boothbay Harbor, ME with a special dinner in their signature restaurant, 88. We're very glad that we saved the best for last.
Our special evening began with a prosecco cocktail (courtesy of the management) which was a great start to a wonderful evening. Warm sunflower seed rolls and an amuse bouche soon followed. As an appetizer we split the deviled eggs which were accompanied by warn candied bacon, yum.
For entrees my wife enjoyed a halibut steak which was served over delicious white beans in a slightly vinegar sauce with asparagus. I ordered the pork loin wrapped in bacon. As if pork wrapped in pork could ever be a bad thing, this dish was wonderful. Each of the three medallions rested upon a dollop of mashed potatoes. The dish included some petite sautéed vegetables.
To complete the evening we shared the local blueberry pie with Maines own roundtop ice cream. I must say that I was very impressed with the wait staff and their pacing of the meal. Not too protracted, but definitely not rushed. As goldilocks would say, 'just right'.
If you are in Boothbay Harbor in the coming months treat yourself and that special someone to dinner at 88. You can thank me later.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Celebrating with a friend for 52nd birthday, I enjoyed a meal I will not soon forget. I started with a basil based Mojto, moved on to a bottle of the sparkling rose and then dove in to my Signature Salad, Roast Duck and Creme Brulee. Every bite was delicious and perfectly cooked and the service was amazing. The view from the alcove during sunset was the icing on the cake. And at the end of the meal, my friend and I each received a muffin to take with us. The muffin was the perfect breakfast with our in room coffee the next morning. I WILL be back.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Couldn't have been a more perfect seating location overlooking the bay. Too bad the weather was overcast. Would have been a great sunset. The food was fantastic. Loved the chowder and the mussels. Service was great and, the manager came over to personally apologize that they were out of the shrimp. Great attention to detail!.