D'Allaire's Motel and Cottages
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford(Biddeford)(Great Value!)
USD 109*
USD 65*
USD 86*
USD 130*
Hampton.com
Norman's Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
USD 71*
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights in the house sized cottage. The little house was very clean and cute. Decent sized bedroom with two double beds, large bathroom with bathtub and shower, living room with a pull out bed couch, sun porch , large eat in kitchen diningroom with regular fridge stove and microwave. We were pleased with our stay. The place was in great shape with a pool, playground, laundry and pool tables. The house was only $10 more than the cottages with a lot more room. Like others have said its not a five star hotel but from the one bad review I'd say the new owners must have really upgraded the place. We thought the decor was fine and things were in good shape. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Last night, while visiting a friend in the area, I chose to try out D'Allaire's Motel and Cottages. Despite its age, the property is clean and very well-maintained. The host (Chris?) was friendly. The grounds were well kept and attractive. A sparkling swimming pool sits right behind the office. I also spotted a little playground for kids. I took one of the cottages (#26) located at the end of the driveway in the rear, away from Route 1. Interestingly, it appears that the structure might once have been the attendant booth for an abandoned miniature golf complex which surrounds it! While the outside of the cottage is nothing special appearance-wise, the interior was quite clean and comfortable. The owners have really tried to make this place comfortable for guests. A/C, a heater, hotplates, a coffee service, mini-fridge and microwave - all looking new - are included. The bathroom was small but immaculate and the bed was comfortable.
The bathroom was small but immaculate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NewEnglandLover
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Booked our trip for a few days in Maine here, as it was difficult to find a place to stay for only a few days near Old Orchard Beach. I was hopeful that since the last review, the insides of the cabins would be updated; I was wrong. While the outsides are charming and the grounds are well manicured, the insides are functional, but really dated. Our family of 5 stayed in a cottage, and I would swap the sofa with a comfortable sleeper sofa instead. The staff was quite nice, and we did have reliable cable and internet. The cottage was clean, but the carpet in the bedroom was quite old. Proximity to stores and the beach was great.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank texboymom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My daughter and I took a road trip to Maine and New Hampshire to experience some amusement parks, Maine coastline, and local cuisine.
We stayed at D'Allaire's Motel and Cottages, and were very charmed by the quaint atmosphere and wonderful hospitality.
The motel and cottages are well maintained. We were in the motel, and our room was clean, roomy, and comfortable. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting.
We were very happy with our stay, and highly recommend it to anyone travelling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzyq918
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted to take a trip to Maine with her two granddaughters, so we got on line to look for lodging near Old Orchard Beach. We researched the area and D'Allaires looked like a good bet. I then called to get more info and we decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did !! We had an absolutely wonderful time and Chris and his staff couldn't have been better. We stayed in a two bedroom cottage which fit our needs perfectly. The grounds were well manicured, the pool was very nice and the cottage was awesome. Chris helped out finding good seafood eateries and giving local directions. It's just far enough away from the busy areas to be convenient and it's almost like coming home at the end of the day. I would highly recommend D'Allaire's to anyone staying in southern Maine. Thanks Chris for your hospitality !!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family