All reviews golf school golf course pro shop gas fireplace great golf main building mexican night prime rib meal plan new england sunday river breakfast buffet unlimited golf washer and dryer short game driving range the main dining room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrific 2 day experience for my wife and me at the golf school. Jim Gilleon provided excellent, practical and realistic instruction. He is very engaged in teaching and makes you feel comfortable throughout the entire coaching curriculum. We had the opportunity to play a number of holes with him and gain some insights on course strategy that was a highlight of the stay. The food and accommodations were very satisfactory and we look forward to a return visit and also to recommending that a number of our friends enroll for the school. Jeff does a great job as the club pro and wants to make certain that your experience was positive and enjoyable. ......Ken Davidson

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
BethelInn, General Manager at The Bethel Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thanks for your positive review of our golf school and I will pass along your comments to Jim. The “on course” instruction is a unique and important facet of the instruction and many of our nearly 8,000 graduates go out of their way to mention it. We will look forward to working with your friends should they decide to come and, if they mention Jim, we will be sure that he is their instructor.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I'm not one to write reviews, but I really feel like I need to share the experience I had with the Bethel Inn. I wanted to treat/surprise my elderly (84 years old) parents with a 2 night stay at the Inn. I had called to request a handicap accessible room. They don't have any, at all. So, I asked for a "shower chair" for them to use. They didn't have any of those either, but they said they had a room with a shower stall. Perfect, or so I thought. When I showed up to visit them on the second evening, they had a room with tub/shower combo and were not able to shower because no hand grips, no way to get safely in and out of the tub. I went to the front desk that evening and explained the situation since I felt I should not have to pay full price since they were not able to bath for 2 days! Since it was a Saturday night, the woman at the front desk (who I believe is also the person I spoke to when I made the reservation) said she would talk to the manager and have them give me a call. Three weeks later and I'm still waiting for a return phone call or a credit to my charge card. It was over $500 for the 2 nights in a very small room.

Room Tip: The "Oaks" rooms are very small, as are the bathrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SammyLynn

I must apologize for what appears to be the result of some mis-communication. We indeed offer ADA-approved handicap accommodations which have been used by so many of our guests requiring them. If they were not available during your stay, you should have been notified accordingly. Please call me personally to discuss your situation directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We had a wonderful time--if you are a golfer or a hiker this is a great base for you. On site ability to play golf and many places to hike an enjoy time in the mountains. Great location. Take the time to explore Main St Bethel--wonderful little shops.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
BethelInn, General Manager at The Bethel Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

So glad you enjoyed the golf and hiking. Our in-town location, in the heart of Bethel’s National Historic District, gives our guests the opportunity to enjoy our classic, authentic New England town and its 2,300 residents. Please stop by and say hello when you visit us again.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We love the Bethel Inn but updates need to be made - most of the hardware on the windows is broken or missing. You have to remove the screed to push the window open and close. The hardware on the sliding doors is damaged as well - they don't lock or are difficult to lock. We've been in several units and it is the same everywhere. Additionally, bathroom facilities are needed on the main floors of the units. My handicapped mother had severe medical issued as a result of having to use the stairs repeatedly to use the facilities.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

When you visit again, please give us the opportunity to book you into one of our Millbrook Townhomes which have bathrooms on both levels. Thanks for taking the time to write and we will look into the hardware situations as you suggest.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I have to say, I really love the Bethel Inn. The staff are also friendly and accommodating, and the property itself offers some great views. Love the sauna attached to the pool, which is heated, but doesn't always feel that way in August. Overall, it does feel like a fresh coat of paint in places would help spruce things up, but everyone from the front desk clerk, to the groundskeepers, bartender, cleaning staff are all just so nice and friendly, and you get the impression they are all giving it their all. When in town, Di Cocoa market is the best place for excellent coffee and lunch items or baked goods. I have only stayed here in summer, look forward to coming up for some winter fun!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff. We truly believe in our credo that “The answer is yes… what’s the question”. It is so gratifying when guests like you take the time to recognize it in a review. And, please, let me know when you are returning this winter for skiing or any of the myriad winter activities at the resort or nearby. I would love to personally greet you.