All reviews continental breakfast stayed here room was clean queen bed motel
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I stayed at the Norseman Inn this past weekend and I have to say that this property really exceeded my expectations. I was up for the weekend for an event at Sunday River and I wasn't able to secure a room there so I stayed at the Norseman and I'm so happy that I did. The owners of the property are extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. On the weekends they serve a continental breakfast in a fully set dining room that is cozy and adorable. My room was clean and spacious. There is also a free shuttle that stops at the property every half and hour and makes stops at the other Bethel hotels and bars on the way up to Sunday River (so convenient!). I really loved staying at this property and when I go back up to Bethel, You really can't go wrong for the price. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for an unplanned overnight. We were up at Sunday River for the day for an event and this was the closest reasonably priced hotel. The room was quaint, front staff was very friendly. I recommend calling for a room rate as they are better than what was advertised thru online searches.

The bathroom was clean except for the shower curtain. The shower curtain had spots of mold that were off putting. And they only had shampoo and no conditioner - but when I called they realized the company that sends them their shampoo/conditioner in one sent them the wrong order. Not a big huge deal but when you have an unplanned overnight, no supplies and thick curly hair and need a shower - it's a big bummer!

If we came back up we would most likely try another place if were to make plans to stay. But if you need a place to just put your head down, this fits the bill.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2015

The owner was welcoming. It is close to Sunday River Ski Resort. It was nice to have a ping pong table for the whole family to enjoy.

Very thin walls. Tiny tub, which sucks after a day of skiing. Decor was dated. Wifi was weak.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Stopped here late and were quickly setttled into a comfortable motel room. This location is both an Inn and motel. We ate a nice breakfast in the Inn's dining area and had a nice chat with the owners/operators who took pride in their establishment

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2015

only one thing i can stay about this property: its the nicest place we have stayed at in all our travels!!! the owners are fantastic, acommodating. the rooms are large, clean and very cozy. the continental breakfast was outstanding. the setting comes from the mid 1800, 2 fireplaces, warm and welcoming. the owner operators were very kind and welcoming. we recommend this motel to anyone!!! very fair price!!
the property is beautiful, well maintained and has lots of character. there are 9 rooms in the original home and 22 rooms in the barn-turned-into-motel. spectacular!!!

Room Tip: best deal for the money!!!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family