“Fun new restaurant in Belfast”
Review of Neighborhood

Neighborhood
Ranked #24 of 64 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: USD 8 - USD 26
Description: Neighborhood strives to offer the best in locally sourced, handmade meals. Comfort food for the food-conscious. A relaxed atmosphere in which to dine, drink, and enjoy the company of good friends. Serving dinner, with daily specials and a full bar.
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We've eaten here several times now, both for lunch and dinner. The food and cocktails are great. The tacos and tostadas are especially tasty, and I like that they feature local produce, meats and tofu. They also have vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free options. This place just opened in January but it has quickly become very popular, and it has a fun and lively feel.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I have a really difficult time finding great drinks, great gluten free food, and great service. And I found it here at Neighborhood in Belfast. Stopped in just by chance and "pigged out" on their extra special fries, buffalo cauliflower and their style of shrimp and grits. My non-gluten free friend ate the same items and loved every bite. I understand one of the owners/chef is gluten free and that makes a big difference in the creative dishes they serve as he understands the dilemma we GF people face when dining out. Great addition to the Belfast Foodie scene. I plan to go again and again.

1  Thank Tinker207
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I read an article about this new addition to the culinary choices in Belfast. One day I was leaving the Co-Op and noticed the large flag announcing something new was open. It turned out to be Neighborhood. I thought the lunch choices were meager. Their dinner menu has more options. I opted for 2 tacos, one pork and one beef. They are small. I believe they use 8-inch tortillas. They might be 6 inches. If you are at all hungry order at least 2. I thought each tasted rather bland. I enjoyed them but I expected more flavor especially from the pork. They both would have benefited from lime and a spicy hot element. A small container of a moderately hot sauce came with the order. The tacos came with some plain, white rice and a portion of black beans. Plain regular old white rice was not what I expected from Mexican cuisine. Similarly, the black beans had no sauce or gravy. I found that odd.

I hope the chefs adjust their use of spices upward. I also hope they change their sides to items with more taste.

The tacos were $4 each. I think that is too much for the size and contents of their taco. A price beginning with a 3 would be far more palatable.

I don't live in Belfast. My experience at Neighborhood did not rise to the point where I would consider it a destination restaurant. However, next time I'm at the Co-Op I'll give it another try and choose different menu items.

The decor is neutral. The staff is quite pleasant. It's a great new dining choice for Belfast. I wish them success. Tweaking the menu will help.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

A lady where we were shopping recommended Neighborhood and we were glad she did. The lunch choices were limited (there are more for dinner) but we easily found something we could order and enjoy (tacos). Nice, clean, simple décor. The space is small but we did not feel crowded. Very friendly service. Good desserts. I took away a star only because it is casual rather than fine dining, not because there was any problem.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We were by far the most mature couple there Friday night. But, it is good that younger professionals have another appealing place. I saw no seafood entrées. In fact, choices were limited, and heavy on spicy dishes. What I had tasted very good, but was hard to manage, first of all because it was soupy but served with a fork, and second it was served in a plastic bowl, which means one hand is required to keep the bowl from sliding around on the table while you eat. It was hard to find choices being dairy allergic. But the staff was kind and accommodating trying to help.
I am pleased we have this new place in town, although it is not the best place for me.