All reviewsbedroom suitefire pitlower floorbreakfast servicesmall kitchenrooms are hugemarriott hotelswould highly recommend this hotelhotel stafffeather pillowsfacing routeminor issuefree breakfastlaundry roombeautiful hotelnight auditorawesome stay
Reviewed 29 April 2018

My wife, 17 year old Grandson and I were assisting a friend in Boothbay Harbor Maine recently and decided to stay 4 nights at the Bath Residence Inn - honestly so our Grandson could have a pool to use. This hotel was OUTSTANDING - rooms meticulously clean when we arrived and every day of our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfasts saved restaurant time and expense. The very large room layout was perfect - Grandson on one side with his room and bath seperated from us by the living/kitchen area - very private. Bathrooms were great especially shower. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RICHARDSVT
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We have been staying at the hotel since it was built. The rooms are at times hard to find due to the long term residence there. The staff knows most people and are very friendly. The general manager is very personable and helps in all aspect of the hotel, clearing tables, serving food, getting towels etc. The rooms are nice, nothing too exciting to write here, but they work! Bonuses are the Dunkin Donuts next door, the indoor pool, and the events at the hotel where the food is awesome.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeS755
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Normally, I stay in Residence Inns and similar establishments while on business, when I view hotels as merely a place to sleep and work between meetings. This trip, I was with family while making college visits, so had more time to appreciate our lodging choice. By the way, it's a convenient 10 - 15 minute drive from Bowdoin, and about 40 min to Bates, and 50 or so min from Colby College. The hotel is relatively new (around 2 years old?), the room is clean; bed is comfortable; bathroom is well-appointed with a walk-in shower with a sliding glass door rather than shower curtain. The room rate was reasonable. Breakfast and catered dinner is included too! If you want to dine elsewhere, restaurants in Bath waterfront are a 5 - 6 minute drive away.The staff is extremely personable and helpful. Marriott should recognize and reward them. Great job!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kreino
Reviewed 22 February 2018

If your are traveling this is a great place to stay. The best shower design I have seen -- the curved glass door was great. The room was clean, well designed.

My husband has been platinum premier for years, so my reviews also consider the amenities offered to Marriott elite members, as well as how the hotel compares to others Residence Inns.

We booked a separate bedroom suite, and requested upper floor and extra towels. When we checked in, we were told we were upgraded to the 1-bedroom (which is what we had booked). We were put in a lower floor (under a very active family of stompers) right next to the elevator. (No extra towels, no feather pillows.) So as an elite member, didn't feel special. Also, being right off the elevator, we discovered that our bedroom window was only a few feet away from the window in the elevator lobby that looked directly into our room. (Not a fan of that design!) We are fans of the Marriott hotels that have believe they should give elite members the best room available.

We were also on the street side, but we didn't hear any street noise. We didn't have the best sleep because the pillows were very hard. Oh, that and the active family above us.

I didn't go down for breakfast, but my husband had a good laugh. I guess someone made a waffle wrong, which upset the breakfast attendant (they didn't get it right away, nor did they flip it oh my!) Needless to say, no one would claim the waffle.

We had a beautiful snow that night; unfortunately the plow clears the parking lot by piling snow up behind the cars parked leaving us to dig ourselves out. This is probably normal for this area, but didn't make us particularly happy to wait to use a snow shovel to dig ourselves out.

For a long time stay, the kitchen would feel cramped. Rather than the 2 person table we usually have, there was just two bar stools inside the kitchen on the counter. But if you are just staying for a night or two, or you don't plan on cooking in the room, the room is great.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surfinginflorida
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I am often in the Bath area, so when this hotel was built to replace the run-down hotel that preceded it, I wanted to stay here. It's the first thing you see when you arrive in Bath from the south. I hope that trees grow up around it to make it a bit less of a landmark.

That said, the hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff is VERY accommodating and friendly. The rooms are nice; we stayed in a two bedroom unit. The bedding is good, though I found the mattress cover a bit lumpy. The pillows are very thick and firm, you may want to see if they have less lofty pillows. Be sure to read the room description and not rely on the photos. For example, the kitchen photo shows a full stove with oven, but the description says 'stove top', which is what the unit had.

I was surprised about the highway noise. We were on the west end, third floor, overlooking the parking lot across the street. Route One traffic is slowing down just before the property, and though it is a new hotel, the sound was clearly audible through the windows and walls. Maybe a lower floor or the back of the building would be quieter.

The pool area is warm, and the pool water was warm, but there is no hot tub, which seemed surprising.

All in all, if you're staying in the Bath area, this is a nice hotel, and a good value in the winter.

Stayed: January 2018