All reviews wine and cheese hot tub other guests cookies b bs bar harbor beautiful location thought of everything gourmet breakfast night stay each morning spent a week five star wealth of knowledge quiet side our honeymoon southwest harbor
Reviewed 27 September 2014

With only 4 rooms all overlooking the water this is truly a gem of a B&B. Jeanette cooks up a magic breakfast that begins with cereal, yogurt, muffins and fruit and moves into a hot special entree different daily. Allen provides a cheese and wine tasting in the evening (if asked) that adds so much to this experience.
There is a large hot tub, exercise area with rowing machine and eliptical and sauna for those who wish to relax and exercise.
The entire common area is glass and looks out over the water of a tributary of Bass Harbor. The rooms are unusually large with seating areas, large screen tv, walk in closet and a large bathroom/shower area with plenty of shelving and excellent lighting.
Quiet is the prevailing condition -- the only sound to stimulate your senses is the cries of the seagulls over the water.
Large grassy yard is a nice walk around.
10 minutes to South Harbor where there are many restaurants/ice cream shops and 5 min to Bass harbor to Thurstons Lobster Pound which is a great casual place for drinks and the ubiquitous lobster in any form you wish..
Warm welcoming owners, clean new rooms, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast make this the premier place to stay when in the Mt Desert Island area.

Room tip: Any one of the 4 are excellent. We were in the Eagle's Nest...
Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed 19 September 2014

We've stayed at various high-end inn's across the country but Ann's Point tops the list. We stayed there for our honeymoon so the bar was set high, but they far exceeded our expectations.

The entire experience was memorable. We didn't want to leave. Alan and Jeanette were high-level professionals, their service and attention to detail was consistently executed at a high level throughout our stay.

Custom-made breakfast was a signature - but they take it to a new exciting level. Incredibly fresh ingredients and fresh presentation made on the spot that morning, porch and outside eating on the deck overlooking to water. The entire design was masterful.
In the early evening we were invited to complementary wine and a cheese pairing that was so fresh, relaxed and unpretentious - another flourish that we absolutely loved and made the stay feel personable and memorable.

They didn't make us feel a million dollars, we felt 10 million.

It was a stay we will never forget. What we did forget was Bar Harbor. Forget the crowds. Bass Harbor is where to go and Ann's point in Bass Harbor is where to go. If you're looking for a relaxing stay in a charming part of Acadia - and take in all that Acadia has to offer - Ann's Point is the place to go.

Room tip: cannot go wrong.
Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank michael l
Reviewed 8 September 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Ann's Point Inn. Our room (the Eagle's Nest) was quite comfortable, spacious, clean and inviting. It felt like home. Alan and Jeanette are exceptional hosts and we looked forward to breakfast every morning. The dry sauna was a wonderful treat and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. I travel extensively with more than 200 overnight stays per year in various hotels and B&Bs. Ann's Point Inn is a special place -- we will return.

1  Thank wyatt s
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I stay at B&Bs and inns whenever we travel. We always look for the best available in the area, and Ann's Point is a true gem in the Greater Bar Harbor area. I give them 5 stars plus for hospitality, facilities, cleanliness (immaculate), full home made breakfasts that were wonderful, and the best surprise left in your room when return back to the inn, THE best home made cookies ever! a different one each night. Jeannette and Alan are wonderful hosts and do everything possible to make your stay comfortable and memorable. It really made me feel like it was my home, comfortable where ever I went in the inn. And my husband knows how hard it is to please me!
I recommend Ann's Point Inn @ Bass Harbor Maine to anyone who is hard to please, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Nancy K
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We just finished our honeymoon at Ann's Point, and could not have been happier. Alan and Jeannette were perfect hosts. Our room opened right out onto the water, and was clean and well stocked (and we appreciated the nightly cookies left for us!). The Inn really goes out of their way to provide a stellar breakfast every morning, and wine & cheese tastings in the evening. We also really appreciated the staff's knowledge of Acadia Nat'l Park, their recommendations on the trails to take were exactly what we were hoping for.

Hope to visit again, soon!

Room tip: The "Mallard's Haven" room was phenomenal.