All reviews homemade muffins sausage eggs to order real eggs free snacks evening snacks crackers hot breakfast bit dated great place to stay bathroom fixtures olive garden chain hotels an older hotel adjoining rooms nova scotia next morning
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We spent the weekend in Bangor Maine and stayed at the Bangor Inn & Suites. The location is great, right off the turnpike. We had stayed there before. When we arrived, the clerk said “Would you like the same room you were in last year?”. You don’t find this in chain hotels. Very friendly folks, clean and spacious room, very comfortable bed and pillows. Full breakfast buffet in their dining room which was fresh and delicious. Coffee and snacks available all day. I love to stay at independently owned hotels. Our accommodations always meet or exceed expectations and are equal or better than any chain. It felt like I was staying with family!

Room Tip: No elevator so ask for first floor if stairs are a problem.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay. Accommodations clean and comfortable, free continental breakfast was so much better than offered at other motels, the banquet meal was perfect and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PTweedie
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We went to a hotel across the road and the lady behind the desk acted like we were bothering her. I went over to The Bangor Inn and as soon as you walk through the door you felt welcome. The rooms are older but clean. The beds are very comfortable. The first time ever at a hotel that they had snacks in the evening. We had a wonderful breakfast with a host that was outstanding and very informative. Great job guys. We stayed Jan 14th so whoever you bosses are, those girls are keepers.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2018

On a visit to my grandson's home area, he recommended this Inn because he had heard nice things about it. Upon arrival, I found the desk clerk extremely, but not overly, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I felt like I had been my BFF forever. Throughout the course of my stay, everyone that I encountered was so nice and pleasant, and for my senior status, very willing to help. A housekeeper saw me struggling with my few pieces of luggage and without hesitation grabbed them to carry out to the car for me. The Inn is very clean and tidy, in spite of it's age. The bed was very comfortable with what seemed to be cotton or muslin bedding and a white comforter that I did not want to crawl out from under in the morning! They off a free snack time in the evening, and a free hot or cold breakfast in the a.m. with it cooked to order by a very nice attendant/cook on duty. It's convenient to just about anything one could want or need, and is located on the Hogan Rd. just off of I-95. The experience I had here was wonderful with real Downeast Hospitality and warmth. I felt like I was coming home and will definately stay there again when I go back up.

Room Tip: Not sure. MY request was filled and perfect: ground floor with 2 dbl. beds.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2017

I chose this inn after researching all of the motels in the area. With breakfast included, this was the best priced place with the highest ratings and the most positive reviews. They were accurate! It is also easy to find (near Rt. 95) and is convenient to the hospital and shopping. The beds are firm with a soft top and covered with a clean white "down" quilt and three plump pillows. We easily controlled the temperature of the room and the hot shower was relaxing after a long drive.
I am here waiting for a relative who is in surgery at EMMC. After dropping her off, I returned to the inn for a delicious breakfast buffet and I was able to stay in the room, using wifi until checkout at 11 a.m. Then I returned to the dining area to wait for the call from the hospital. I felt welcomed at all times. I would definitely come here any time I am in Bangor overnight.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family