“unexpectedly good”

Tri-City Pizza
Ranked #74 of 194 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The appearance and location of this college-town pizza joint is very unassuming. It looks like one of those hole-in-the-wall family run places that may or may not have great food. It definitely does. The crust is a good blend of chewy and crunchy. Enough salt and grease to call it good pizza but not overboard in any one aspect. The menu is very limited to pizza and subs which is a disappointment as we typically get wings along with our pizza and beer but what they do (pizza), they do well. Chapeau!

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Great service, very tasty pizza. While on the plane to Bangor the guy next to me recommend this place. After checking into my hotel I get my bags and the pizza. Every employee commented Tri City Pizza, excellent! Surprised the secret was out. I do believe if you want to know what pizza is to the people of Bangor you have to get one from Tri City Pizza, it is not a chain. It is good and truly Bangor's pizza. I'm happy to have found it.

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

Food is amazing. Love the gluten free dough! It feels like homemade pizza almost. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

Have been going to Tri-City Pizza for about 30 years or so. They have a great pizza, love the crust!! Tri-City is not a restaurant, it is take-out. People who say they don't like it obviously have no taste. Honestly, to you folks who won't be returning for more yummy Tri-City pizza, it's your loss and our (locals) gain.
They also have yummy sandwiches!

Reviewed 26 August 2015

So, for twenty years my husband has raved about Tri City Pizza. While in the Bangor area a few weeks ago, we decided to give it a try since I have never had it. We ordered by phone and was told it would be about 25 minutes.

I arrived to pick up my order after 30 minutes and found myself herded into a small crowd of people, also waiting to get their pizza, like it was the last meal for all of us. It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where the soup chef refuses to serve the soup "No soup for you.....". After about 45 minutes from the time I called, I finally asked the clerk about the status of my pizza and was told it would "be ready shortly." In all, I waited approximately 50 minutes for a 25 minute order.

The girl answering the phone and ringing people up (she seemed to be a manager type) was terribly rude, not friendly, and had it not been for the fact that I didn't want anything gross thrown in my food, I would have probably told her what a nasty B$#$% she was. I wanted to ask her who the (bleep) she thought she was treating paying customers with such indifference? Like, that pizza is so good they can treat people so poorly.

I would love for the owner to know that he has a few employees that have likely cost him/her some business by the way they have treated people. I was incredibly angry when I left this establishment and I don't think my husband will EVER get me back there.

Been to Tri-City Pizza? Share your experiences!