“Nice tasty food, we visited again the next day”
Review of McLaughlin Seafood

McLaughlin Seafood
Ranked #22 of 195 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Great food, a treat for our kids to taste fresh Maine lobster for the first time. Friendly staff, popular place.

We visited McLaughlins based on their online reviews.

We got their lobster dinners the first day, then the next day the family wanted to return to try other things so we got lobster rolls, crab cakes, clam chowder, clam strips and more lobster.

Sides include fries and either cole slaw or potato salad. Everything was delicious. We did like the potato salad more than the cole slaw.

Wish we lived closer to Maine so we could visit more often.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

You have to know what to expect when going to a restaurant. What you really want is good food, and we got that here. This is a small shop with outdoor picnic tables to eat your delicious lobster meal. My son and I had a quick layover in Bangor before going north, and this was perfect for a late lunch and a taste of local fare! The shop keepers were pleasant and the food was delivered quickly.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped with the family and it was typical seafood prices. We were served quickly and the kids loved being outside. The seafood was very fresh and really good. We were stuffed but the kids loved the ice creamed they also had on site. Very friendly group thank you....

Reviewed 26 June 2017

It was such a beautiful Saturday night- no wind - water view- no bugs- we sat on the roof top after a short 10 min wait. While waiting someone came over and took our drink order. We ordered the tuna appetizer. We have traveled around the country- internationally and this was by far the best tasting tuna we have ever had! Our entrees were Salmon and rice, clam strips fries and pasta salad and my daughter had a simple hamburger. Salmon was another great piece of fish- that whole dish was spot on. Clam strips fresh and delish. Pasta salad tastes like summer time and even the fries and burger were delish. I love the dessert tray that comes around- we had a neopolitan cake and choc cake with pb frosting. My only advice from a mom with a very picky daughter- on the tray there was no strawberry ganache but when served the frosting was covered with it- my daughter doesn't like strawberries so she just stuck to the cake. Desserts are 9.00 a piece so I would just stick to serving exactly as presented on the tray. Service was beyond excellent. If our server was busy -someone else cleared our table- lots of teamwork. This was so good we wanted to go back the next day- unfortunately we didn't..... and if you read another one of my reviews you will see we really missed out!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place while in the area for work. I saw lots of cars so I decided to stop off. I had the Saturday special and it was amazing. Food was great, service was fast and friendly and prices are not bad.