USD 88
USD 148
USD 123
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsrace trackvideo pokerlive horse racingslot machineswait staff was very friendlyboyd gaminglake charleslarge tvovernight staynice hotelnice roombed was very comfortablevalet parkinggamblinghoustonwinningrefrigerator
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it was part of the Boyd Gaming family. I am a frequent visitor of Las Vegas so am very familiar with the hotels there. The quality of Delta Downs is right on par with their hotels. Decor is beautiful, if not better. I'm sure they do not receive the amount of travelers here that they do in Vegas so everything can be kept in better condition. Rooms are nice, clean, comfortable. Gambling is not the same. I'm not a fan of the slots they have here and there is no video poker which was a disappointment. No bingo either, but we went down to cotton corners bingo which was 5 minutes away.
Food was very good, we had the seafood buffet which was quite pricey at $30 pp. The food court was decent.
Haven't been horse racing in decades so having a view of the race track and being able to see the horses up close was super cool.

We didn't get a discount on these rooms, so we paid full, outrageous prices on our 2 night stay. We seriously could have gone cruising with the amount we paid! Hopefully after this stay we start seeing free rooms from here (fingers crossed). It may be the only way we'll be back. Louisiana gambling is not like Vegas. It's the first time I've been here and I'm only 3 hrs away. It was a nice getaway

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Delta Downs is a place where my wife & I just wanna get away. It's an ideal location for adults only. The hotel rooms are clean like a 4 star luxury hotel that's accommodating to the casino. A getaway element with a style!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016

My husband and I LOVE Delta Downs--it is fun to use all the exciting slots and they also keep up with offering new ones. We feel that their slots are excellent. Also, the attendants are friendly and the drinks good. They have even improved their buffet with better taste and quality.food (thank you Delta Downs). We go a few times a year and we have stayed in regular rooms, and also a suite. The suites are quite lovely and large (5-star quality). All rooms have been clean and attractive--(but when you check be sure you get a comfortable bed--if not, let the friendly hotel clerk change your room right away (she will do it without any problem). The last time we were there the bed was very comfortable and the desk clerk said they have replaced mattresses. We prefer slots, but some relatives said they don't offer table games which they prefer. We enjoy other casinos, but Delta Downs will stay at the top of our list. We go a few times a year, and we are planning to go again soon to Delta Downs Hotel & Casino.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Charlene S
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We had not been there in a while. Hotel is being renovated for a new section, perhaps it is why slots were not loose, did not see people winning as before. Room was ok, freezing when we went in. Food court was renovated but it had the same food. Closest casino from Texas on I-10.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aghyba
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Several years ago Delta Downs was just a race track, then they added video poker and a few other slot machines then they renovated and added a buffet then they added lots more gaming space and slot machines then they went wild and built a beautiful hotel adjoining the casino/race track and now they're growing even more. The final result is really special. The hotel is nice, and smoke free, but the additional space will be even nicer. The casino is getting better all the time, the employees are gracious and helpful, the buffet was really pleasing to my Wife and I but the parking can get difficult when it rains every day in Louisiana and you're parked in the open. When my Wife and I head for Louisiana to enjoy the casinos we either make our first night at Delta Downs or at least set aside several hours to enjoy their hospitality if we have a different destination. Also Delta Downs is part of Boyd Gaming, a large casino chain, which means you get additional benefits at other Boyd owned properties and that's a plus. If you haven't stopped there, you're missing something nice.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple