“Yummy oysters!”
Review of Cafe Josephine

Cafe Josephine
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Sunset
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sit back and relax in our laid back, rustic atmosphere. Our friendly and caring staff will take care of all your needs while you enjoy our Southern cuisine, prepared from farm fresh ingredients and Gulf seafood. Occasionally throughout the night Chef Troy will come out of the kitchen to meet his guests and make sure that you are having a memorable dining experience. Join us for lunch or dinner in our dining room or our private party room.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Here on business and Josephine’s was recommended by client. Boy! They didn’t steer me wrong. Had the grilled oysters and the Trio oysters. So good! Careful with those little biscuits and dipping syrup. Addictive! Also had the crab egg rolls with the jalapeño jelly also very yummy. Seafood gumbo was tasty with a kick! Awesome place. Great service.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I really liked the whole experience here, I like that everything is fresh as long as it can be obtained. My friend’s Zydeco Shrimp salad was delicious beyond words. I can say the same about the chargrilled oysters. I really liked my Lump Crab & Boiled Shrimp Salad, but it needed dressing. It seems that maybe it was left off. The waiter was good and I would go back to try more on their amazing menu.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Sorry I can give Cafe Josephine more than five stars. Mouth watering smells upon entering. Eclectic decor. The meal started with the most delectable little biscuits and charbroiled oysters. Followed by shrimp and grits, the seafood pasta, a grilled seafood plate and a juicy steak. Every thing was delicious and cooked to perfection. Only negative was they weren’t open Sunday for us to try more.

1  Thank 409gingerg
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Hosted a 60th birthday with 50 guest, was pulled out of the party by the owner to tell me my guest were only ordering appetizers & splitting meals, that she was going to lose her you no what on the party. No minimum was required & she does separate checks. Appalled to say the least‼️‼️ She actually wanted us to pay her more money at the end of the night, heck no‼️‼️

2  Thank Spyc2014
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had an exceptional meal at Cafe Josephine. I ordered the shrimp and lobster salad. The dressing was lemony and buttery and so delicious. My husband had the pork chop which he said was very good.

We were there right at 5 pm, and so were many customers. But they had adequate staff and our service was excellent. Our server was also from the West Coast and we enjoyed chatting with her.

This was the perfect place to stop as we drove from Lafayette to Alexandria and I highly recommend it.