“Fresh pasta made daily”

Giuseppe's Pastacaffee
Ranked #153 of 567 Restaurants in Shreveport
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Fresh ingredients atop freshly made pasta. Wonderful flavors. A bit expensive. If you ask for bread, they'll charge you.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Went to Giuseppe's Pastacaffe because I loved the food at Giuseppes before it closed. It is an order at the counter and have a seat, they do bring the meal to the table when it is ready. The menu is rather limited, I tried one of the pasta dishes and my guest had a salad. The food is fresh and tasty but the venue is more like a fast food location. I would definitely go back if I needed a fast meal for some reason. Just will add the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I live for good Italian food. Knowing this is here makes my heart do a happy dance. The lasagna is the best I've ever had. Period! Say no more!

3  Thank roughneck55
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This fairly new restaurant has quickly established itself as a winner in the Shreveport food scene. Their pastas are made fresh daily and you can even buy fresh pasta to take home for your own culinary creations. They offer pastas, salads, a daily soup and paninis as well as an anti pasta board. Shrimp, chicken, spinach or a meatball can be added to any of the pastas. Dessert options are tiramisu, Nutella panino or Pernigotti chocolate snacks. They also offer a kid's menu. The space is relatively small but is clean, bright and airy with a very simple black and white decor. It is open for lunch and dinner.

I recently had lunch here, my first visit, and was sad I had waited so long because it exceeded my expectations. The meal was delicious and dessert just as good. My friend and I both got something different so we could sample each other's dish and I'm glad we did. I chose the Bucatini Amatriciana which includes guanciale, Calabrian chiles, onion, pecorino and the best pomodoro sauce I've ever had. The chiles give this dish a subtle heat which balances well with the tomato sauce. The only issue I had was figuring out how best to eat the pasta since bucatini doesn't twirl as easily as spaghetti. My friend chose the special, corkscrew pasta with asparagus and cheese in a lemon alfredo pesto sauce and she added chicken. This dish was equally as delicious as mine even though it was much lighter tasting. We indulged in cappuccinos and dessert and I'm glad we did. The cappuccino was an excellent pairing with tiramisu and a Nutella panino. We split the sweet treats as well and both had to take home our half of the panino for later because we were so full, but not before having a bite. Who knew that Nutella and warm pressed bread tasted so good together? The tiramisu is definitely in the top 2 that I've ever tasted. The ladyfingers were soaked just the right amount without being soggy and the cream filling was the perfect sweetness to balance the dessert.

Needless to say I'm ready for my next visit to this hip new cafe so I can try something different.

1  Thank Janice N
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I live in the neighborhood and go there frequently. You place your order at a counter and the servers bring your food to your table. The pasta is made to order and always fresh and tasty. It is a very casual restaurant that also does a super takeout business.

1  Thank gigigood