“Wonderful bed and breakfast cottage!!”

Maison D'Memoire Bed & Breakfast Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Rayne B&B and Inns
KINGSVILLE
“Wonderful bed and breakfast cottage!!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband I went to Rayne the week after Christmas to visit his family. This bed and breakfast was very close to his relatives and looked good on line so we decided to stay there. It surpassed all of our expectations by far! The owners were so nice and accomodating, the cottage was on the historical register and we live in a home on the historical register so were very interested in the history, the furnishings were incredible, the breaksfasts out of this world and the setting just beautiful. It sits on a lake surrounded by woods and a facade of like the wild west on the grounds which we found so neat. We had a very hectic holiday season and this is just what we needed to rest and rejuvenate!!!! We hope to make visiting my husband's family an annual event and will certainly stay here.

Room Tip: I only saw our cottage but imagine they are all wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2012

For our honeymoon, my husband and I traveled through beautiful Louisiana and stayed at several very nice B&Bs. Maison D'Memoire was by far my favorite! The hosts Lyn and Ken are gracious and helpful but not intrusive. They'll help you if you ask but will respect your privacy.
And oh my goodness--the home-cooked, Cajun-style breakfast Lyn delivers to your door every morning is to die for (and this is coming from a person who has high standards for food)! And Lyn cooks a different breakfast each morning, so you get to try lots of Cajun specialties. Here's a sample of what we enjoyed: delicious Valentine eggs, stuffed French toast, Cajun-style pickled tomatoes and peppers, and so much more! Lyn's breakfasts are one of the amazing touches that set this B&B apart!
Also, if you stay at Maison D'Memoire, you'll enjoy a lovely, charming, beautifully decorated, historic Cajun cottage all to yourself, set amid several acres of scenic countryside, complete with a pond and pier. It was not only wonderful to have a cottage to ourselves, but it was also convenient to have a full kitchen to cook our own meals in. This saved us money since we didn't have to eat out.
The only downside to this B&B is the town it is located in. My husband and I are both from a small town, so it's not like we're city folks. But Rayne doesn't have a whole lot to offer in terms of dining or sight-seeing or just general prettiness. Fortunately, Maison D'Memoire is located a ways out of Rayne's center and is just a short drive from some scenic countryside. Also, several more historic, prettier Cajun towns are near Rayne. I recommend a visit to Breaux Bridge, which has a lovely downtown. Also, don't mix a swamp tour at Lake Martin with Cajun Country Swamp Tours, especially if you have kids (you can find their info online)! This tour was one of the fascinating highlights of our honeymoon!
I highly recommend Maison D'Memoire for the family, couple, or just lone traveler in search of a peaceful, relaxing, charming retreat in the country and a delicious, hearty breakfast!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We were just on our way from New Orleans to Houston and decided to stop in between for the night. The cottage was really cute and so nicely furnished and decorated! We found fresh flowers which was a really nice touch!
The host was so nice and took good care of us and made sure we were comfortable! The breakfast was to DIE for!!!
Thanks so much for your hospitality, we really appreciated it!!
We will definitely come back for a longer stay!

• Stayed January 2012
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This place is really and truly unique. Really lovely and private place to get away. I loved the view of the pond from my cottage and even more than that I loved the frogs that hung out outside our door! The cottage was very comfortable and extremely spacious and it was really nice having breakfast delivered to our door. It was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at an inn. Spicy potatoes! Yum.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I am a solo traveller, and was in the middle of a full travelling timeframe.

I needed to recharge my batteries, and the wonderful ambience of Autumn Cottage was perfect for undwinding. The cottage was cajun style, so serene and cute.

Lyn was the perfect host, conciliatory but not intrusive.

Can not recommend the service and stay high enough.

• Stayed September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rayne
1.5 km away
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#9 of 50 in Lafayette
37.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings

Been to Maison D'Memoire Bed & Breakfast Cottages? Share your experiences!