All reviews train that runs car show room was clean breakfast was excellent the staff was friendly and helpful king suite the hotel staff shower head next morning would definitely stay here again within walking distance baton plugs
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Very surprised with this property. Clean, roomy, comfortable. Large rooms with comfortable bed. Breakfast offered much more than your typical hotel.

Location not real easy to get to because of traffic.

Wifi does not stay on. Have to re-enter id and password every time wifi used.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel. Lots of traffic in front.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Nick C, General Manager at Best Western Plaquemine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thanks for the review we really appreciate it. I am very sorry about the Wi-Fi. We are in process of changing the Wi-Fi system as we speak. we hope to see again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

looks recently renovated. staff was really great. train tracks right next to the hotel but cant do about that. Very clean hotel. the breakfast was excellent, lots of variety of foods. I will stay again on my next trip

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nick C, General Manager at Best Western Plaquemine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see again soon

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The smell was a little strong, but I was made aware prior to going to the room, but after I had already paid for it. The manager did send the maintenance guy up to air it out and they advised it would be 1hr before the smell was totally gone, but we went in anyway and it was still strong

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nick C, General Manager at Best Western Plaquemine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Sorry for the inconvenience you had. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see again.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I had a white noise machine and earplugs and the train honks the horn 3-5 times a night. I wouldn't recommend this motel unless you can sleep through a train horn. Other than that, nice motel great breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nick C, General Manager at Best Western Plaquemine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank you for review and thanks for the choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This hotel is directly across the street from a train track. Only stay here if you can sleep through extremely loud train horns all night long. I counted approximately 8 trains from 11pm-7am. The train horn starts sounding and then gets louder & louder as the train approaches. Then there is the sound of the train itself and then the horn gets quieter. At most you have 2 hours to sleep before another train comes. One night 2 trains passed within 30 minutes. We were not informed of this when we checked in, and after the first sleepless night I realized what the complimentary ear plugs at the front desk were for. I tried them the 2nd night but could not sleep with the discomfort in my ears. I slept a total of 5 hours over our 2 night stay. That said, the staff was extremely friendly and wonderful and the breakfast delicious. I was offered another room on the other side of the hotel, but we needed 2 connecting rooms, which are only available on the train side of the hotel. We needed to be close to White Castle, LA, and there was not another hotel in the area. Baton Rouge was too far away for us, but if we are ever in the area again I would stay a distance away just to be able to sleep at night.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nick C, General Manager at Best Western Plaquemine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we are extremely sorry for not informing you about the train. Train does pass through the night and they do have to blow there horn for public safety because there are no crossing guard in the downtown of Plaquemine were train goes through.

we are very sorry we could not make your stay memorable.