“Great food”

Catfish Cabin
Ranked #27 of 230 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Catfish cabin was a pleasure gomto for lunch. We had the catfish lunch special and it was extremely well,prepared. It was real catfish not a substitute fish from a foreign country. The grilled asparagus was very well prepared and very delicious.
You get a lot of food for your purchase. Everything was fantastic, the service and food was exceptional. This wil be a repeat trip for my wife and I
A excellent place for lunch.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I visited this restaurant and ordered the seafood lunch plate. It had catfish filets, oysters and shrimp with two sides for a reasonable price. I was truly surprised by the freshness and great taste of the seafood. It is hard to find fresh oysters outside of the Gulf region. Also, you have a choice of whole catfish or the catfish filets. There is an 'all you can eat' catfish special for a little over $20. The waitress was friendly and provided great service.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

This place was recommended by friends who were locals. Had lunch with family members vIsiting the area. I had a sampler plate of catfish, oysters and shrimp which was very delicious. Family members also had catfish which was also a great choice. The service was friendly and very prompt. Not expensive but moderately priced menu.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Catfish is always good as well as the hush puppies.Service is very nice and we like the old music too.
Same hometown owners since the late 1950's.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Catfish Cabin since I was a child and the food has been consistently good since then. Little has changed, which I am so happy about. The hush puppies are soooo good and are complimentary. I always get the shrimp dinner which has changed very little over the years. I have never gotten anything else :-). Prior to this visit, I hadn't been there in a few years. They've spruced up the decor a little and changed the furniture arrangement but it still has the old feel, which I'm fine with. This is a family owned restaurant that has been around since the 1970s, so it's not a new establishment by any means. It's not five star dining but it is good food. Now don't expect New Orleans cuisine. This is a different part of Louisiana, so the taste and culture is totally different. Whenever I am in the area, I always make a stop here. Give this place a try and see what you think;-).

Been to Catfish Cabin? Share your experiences!