“Very Nice Upscale Chain”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #14 of 230 Restaurants in Monroe
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Ambience was very nice. Staff was very cordial and professional. Food was very tasty. We have not experienced much Cajun/Creole food but enjoyed this meal a lot. The only negative was the booth seats. They were worn out, uncomfortable and not secured.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We had the best Gumbo ever! Excellent creole options like Jambalaya (it's over pasta, but it's tasty). I had pecan encrusted catfish - yum! Even my coleslaw was excellent. Nice decor. Details that a manager should notice: chipped plates, bent spoon, mediocre service. It was a Thursday. Maybe we hit a bad night.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This has the best seafood sampler plate you can ask for. Everything is good on it. There shrimp and grits are good also. Try it you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I went with 2 friends while passing through on a Sunday night at 9:15pm. Restaurant closes at 10:00pm. We were the very last people through the door and they treated us like royalty. I know every diner should get the same experience but come on, 9:15 on Sunday? Everyone else paying and leaving? I expected a pretty average meal. We were treated to fantastic food and wonderful service.

We started with stuffed mushrooms and crab beignets, both came out quickly and perfectly hot and seasoned.

Sides at the table were red beans and rice (good) and tasso mac and cheese (killer).

Both my friends had the pecan crusted catfish. They were kind enough to share and it was the best I have ever had. Piping hot, huge portion, perfectly seasoned and crispy without burning the pecans.

I had the shrimp ducky on fettuccine. Small shrimp and strips of roasted duck in a dark and rich sauce. I had never seen anything like it so I went for it. Glad I did. The combo doesn't make sense when you read it but it makes sense when it hits your taste buds.

We shared 3 desserts, white chocolate bread pudding which was good and I would have been happy with had I not tried the red velvet cheesecake which was amazing. Neither of those held a candle to the creole style cheesecake(fluffy, not dense) covered in bananas foster. It was ridiculously good. We were all totally full and could not stop eating.

If I HAVE to give some constructive criticism I would say our biscuits were a little dry as was the rice for the red beans and rice. The biscuits came out 20 min to closing time and the rice could be a style choice. They both get a pass from me.

I will absolutely go back and hope it is everybit as good as my first visit!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Decided on Copeland's in Monroe for dinner tonight.... The positive: the food was good ( except my cold fries).. the CONS: it was HOT and humid inside restaurant.. filthy dirty bathrooms... Roger our waiter was nice but kept forgetting our drink order and things we requested like (ketchup) it was the worst service we had ever experienced at a Copeland's.. our glasses stayed empty, my Al's filet came but waited 7 mins to get a knife to cut it.. Definitely not the same Copeland's as years past.. New owners need to get it together.. We probably won't be back..

2  Thank Jerry-N-Eva