“chicken philly yum”

Sam's Southern Eatery
Ranked #44 of 231 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 May 2017

a lot of people love the fried fish here. I can honestly say I can't go without getting the chicken philly so good. the shrimp is huge and really good also. Call in if you can it stays really busy and you can get your order quicker.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The facility is a little older but it is clean and kept up. We wanted a combination plate that was not on the menu but it was no problem for these folks. The oysters my husband had were the biggest he had seen in quite a while and the jumbo shrimp I had were indeed "jumbo". The cole slaw is different from what I am used to but don't let that stop you - it was very good. Over all for when you are feeling some good fried seafood - Sam's is the place to go.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

So many good reviews...however, me and my wife weren't impressed. We live 100 miles south of Monroe and our seafood shacks down here beat SAMs 10 to 1. If you guys like it, ok, but real seafood is S O U T H about a hunnert miles.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Don't let the looks of this place turn you off. The food is great. The shrimp and onion rings are very good. The staff is very friendly. Building just needs to be remodeled.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

You'll receive a large portion of good food for the fair price. The grilled catfish is wonderful. Didn't care for there fried green tomatoes, they were sliced to big and seemed not quality tomatoes. Everything else I have ever eaten here was good.