“A must”

Catfish Charlies
Ranked #2 of 230 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Every trip I make back to the Monroe area this is a must goto. Best catfish and boiled shrimp in the area ! Make sure to get some fried pickles too.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The food was very delicious and the staff is very friendly. We meet here after we left the hospital from visiting the sick. I would definitely be back again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

So the hotel staff recommended this restaurant. We are not familiar with Monroe so we let the GPS guide us. The restaurant is off the beaten path a little bit, but we found it. We had the fish and shrimp which was fantastic. French fries were great. Unfortunately, the hush puppies could have been used for a baseball, cooked way too long. Upon entering the restaurant the menu is above the cash register which was not appealing to me since we had never been there before. Thank goodness no one was behind us waiting to order. Overall a great restaurant and would eat there again.

1  Thank JerryM371
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I must confess that the only thing I have ever ordered here is catfish, and they know how to cook it up just right. The filets are enormous, two are plenty for most folks, but you can get more! My favorite is the thin catfish, lightly breaded, mostly similar to what I would have to drive 275 miles to get at a little place called Middendorf’s in a town named Manchac in South Louisiana about 30 miles from New Orleans. But that’s a whole other review! Catfish Charlie’s has mastered the art of slicing the catfish very thin and the batter is almost like tempura. The last time I was there was for the 90th birthday of a relative. They have a nice big private room, and they set up everything as a buffet. We had the full size filets, and with the coleslaw and fries, I barely managed to eat one! Excellent food, helpful waitstaff, and a great place for a family get-together or office party! Didn’t give them five stars, because there are no bathrooms in the private dining room. There were a number of elderly people there, and it was a long walk for some of them. But they’ve got takeout service and a drive through window. Very convenient location in the middle of town, right on Louisville Avenue. If you like good catfish, put this place on your “must visit soon” list!

1  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

What a great place for either lunch or dinner!! The catfish is beyond awesome and the shrimp dishes are very delicious!! The ambiance is very simple and unpretentious, so don’t have any expectations in that regard; but the service is wonderful.

You cannot go wrong with this choice.

Been to Catfish Charlies? Share your experiences!