“Beyond High Expectations ”
Review of Cotton

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: DeSiard Street
Transit: The public trolley system makes frequent stops right near the restaurant. There is also a public transit bus station within walking distance.
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Monroe in one of the oldest buildings in the city, Restaurant Cotton has the atmosphere of a simpler, more honest time. Executive chef, Cory Bahr, prides himself in being an innovator of unique and delicious food that exhibits his Louisiana Delta roots and allows his personality to influence every dish. Accompanied by chef de cuisine, Spencer Serrette, and sous chef, Seth Blankenship, Chef Bahr has mastered the art of creative southern cuisine. With nightly food and drink specials, it is guaranteed that there will be something new to try with every trip to Restaurant Cotton. Chef Bahr shows his appreciation and passion for authentic Louisiana cuisine by always using the freshest and most local ingredients in every dish that he prepares. Restaurant Cotton is proud to be a part of the revitalization of downtown Monroe and we invite you to join us as we support our beautiful city and the seasoned talent of our very own Chef Cory Bahr.
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We Vermonters rendezvoused with a North Carolina relative here for supper. Two of us had shrimp and grits and the other the fantastic pressed pig with blackeyed peas. The cooking and ambiance gave us an unforgettable family memory. The bill with beer for one, appetizer for another, and dessert for one was about $130. It was worth every cent. If you cut out the extras you could do it for around $25 apiece. Or you could just get the very good gumbo each and spend a lot less. Don’t miss this opportunity even if it is somewhat of a splurge for you! A++.

1  Thank Carol B

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I took my parents to dinner at Cotton while in town for Christmas. I had heard great things about the restaurant and was not disappointed! The food was excellent! Fine southern dining in a beautiful, historic location. We had the duck wraps as an appetizer (be sure to dip a biscuit in the leftover honey!) and I had the braised short rib for dinner. My mom had the Cochon Dulait and my dad had the seafood platter. Everything was perfectly portioned and well-prepared. If you still have room for dessert, try the bread pudding or Mississippi mud pie. Next time I'm in town, I really want to try the weekend brunch.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Excellent service by Layne, friendly and knowledgeable. The ambiance and decor is top notch. The Louisiana Seafood Platter was tremendous. Very good bread pudding too.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Based on the TripAdvisor reviews I read, I wondered whether my experience would be good or bad. The short answer: GREAT! My wife, son and I enjoyed a range of menu items and all agreed that every item we ordered was worthy of a reorder. Portion sizes were appropriate, flavors were bold and pleasant, and everything was made in house. Here's the rundown on our meal:

Hush puppies with lump crab meat
Bacon-wrapped duck bites
Biscuits with maple syrup butter
Crab cakes
Poutine
Couchon de lait w/ black eyed peas and dirty rice
Quail and pork belly wedge
Mississippi mud pie

Give Cotton a try!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Looked on TripAdvisor for about 30 minutes looking for the perfect place for lunch. Thought I found it. Good reviews, the food looked really good from pictures, trip advisor said it was open, cottons own website stated the hours and one would think the restaurant would be open for lunch at 12:30 pm on a Thursday! Alas...closed tighter than a drum, with no explanation why! We also saw 3 women walk up to the place right before we did only to have to walk away disappointed. They obviously didn't get the message either. Update your social media people! Will never try to come back here and are very sorry we wasted part of our day driving the 15 minutes from our hotel.

Been to Cotton? Share your experiences!