New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Minden

Holiday Inn Express Minden
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Minden
previse
“Clean, quiet and enjoyable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

There we so many complaints about noise in other reviews that I was hesitant to book here. Not so. We were on the third floor, which may have helped, but we heard nothing during our stay except our own air conditioner, which makes the same amount of noise as any other motel air conditioner. . Like anywhere else, I’m sure we would have heard a loud TV next door or some inconsiderate person stomping around upstairs, but that didn’t happen. We were greeted warmly, had a nice new well-appointed room, an excellent breakfast and a very pleasant stay. Note: Their Wi-Fi is slow and aggravating. Bring your own RS 232 cable or ask for one at the desk – with a cable connection access is fast and seamless – much better than the best WiFi.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

The hotel staff where really nice upon check in, the rooms were very nice and clean! The beds were heavenly! I slept so sound! Loved the egg cheese flip overs I call them at breakfast, kind of like an omelet, folded egg over cheese were soo good! Great tasting coffee. My favorite thing was the magnifing mirror in the bathroom for this old gal to see how to put my makeup on, lighting was great too. Hotel was close to everything! The beds are heavenly, my son and husband said they were the best of all the hotels we went to that week. I agree!!! This is the Best of Minden, hands down!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank louisianagirl71
Hammond, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

Our family & extended families used this hotel on the death of our father. On check in, the desk clerk asked if I had more rooms reserved in my name, I told her no. Upon check out, 2 days later I payed for the 2 rooms for 2 nights, as required. When my Credit Card statement was viewed, HIE Minden had tacked on an extra night. Despite numerous attempts with corporate HIE and the local Minden manager, they've YET to reverse these fraudulent charges. Master Card caved to these crooks also. They ( HIE )kept insisting we'd requested the extra room.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hmdtrekr
Collierville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2006

Family stayed for two nights while attending the Independence Bowl in Shreveport. Very nice, clan hotel. Friendly and courteous staff. Convenient location. Terrific accommodations- comfortable, clean room with ammenities (microwave, fridge). Yummy continental breakfast- couldn't have asked for anything more. Very pleased!!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank CrimsonTidePride
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2006

I stood at this hotel for 4 nights in July 2005. I was very pleased with a lot of things. However, one night on our way to the pool for a swim, my 1 1/2 yr old slipped on water that was in the lobby area from people coming out of the pool. This happened in front of the front desk, and when I told the young girl who was working there at the time her response to me was "well it will happen when people get out of the pool". I was VERY upset! My son was WALKING in the lobby and because they FAILED to mop the floor this happened. My son did cry briefly, and life did go on, yet I was very upset over the rudeness of that one hotel staff. Everyone else was great, except when checking out they tried charging us more than what we booked our room for initiately. After 30 min of waiting for the correction we were finally on our way back home.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank Jennifer J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
0.3 km away
36.5 km away
Ramada Bossier City
Ramada Bossier City
#21 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minden? Share your experiences!