Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 10 July 2017

BED BUGS! I thought bed bugs could not be seen with the naked eye. I was wrong. I saw them in my bed. Once you walk in the place looks decent for the $67 fee. I took a nap on my bad with the lights on and I just happened to wake up and saw bed bugs. I'm glad the light was on so I could see them. I ended up sleeping uncomfortable on the couch.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for being our guest and for kindly taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you will accept our apologies for your disappointing experience and for falling short of your expectations. We are proactive with ensuring guest comfort and take immediate action on any feedback regarding bed bugs. Please know we follow rigorous industry standards for pest control so thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We hope this does not deter you from a future visit and hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

If you don't want to be in downtown this hotel is very good option. Room was very clean and spacious and the hotel itself wasn't that far from the downtown...maybe some 15 minutes drive and I caught peak hour..so not bad at all. I mean, please have in mind that this is Extended Stay America and not Hilton, but for that price it was a great place to stay. I even thought that I left something behind in the hotel, the girl I called was very kind and understanding and she really wanted to help. Luckily, I found what I was looking for in my purse, but I really liked the way they hotel staff was willing to help. And of course, it is dog friendly what for me was very important.

Room Tip: Quiet, nice, spacious room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Marija, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Extended Stay America - New Orleans – Metairie and we are delighted you were able to bring your 4-legged family member, too. We love taking care of our guests, and we are happy it showed. Thank you for your nice words, and please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Front Office Staff is outstanding but every other outlet is horrible. They start construction at 7 AM on Saturdays, housekeepers have horrible attitudes when you ask for towels or toiletries and they have roaches

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Taniesha, thank you for letting us know about your stay. We sincerely apologize for the service and housekeeping issues you experienced and the inconvenience they caused. To make sure this does not happen again, I am actively working with my team to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your comments as they will only help us improve and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent experience you deserve.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Good stay...we had an excellent time...NOLA is such a fun place..don't be afraid to go there...my reason for being there was a joyous occasion...Cousin is staying there hoping for a liver transplant..she will die otherwise and I am thankful to be able to visit with her and family while savi!g money because I stayed here...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

We appreciate your review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America - New Orleans – Metairie during your loved one's medical procedure. We are glad you found our hotel quiet and clean, and our staff friendly and courteous. Thank you for your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel is mediocre at best. Somewhere to lay your head until the next day. They have a kitchen but it's very small. The refrigerator takes up most of the space. They have one cart downstairs to bring up your belongings and it's very outdated. It's also very heavy and hard to push. It would be nice if they had someone downstairs to help you with your bags. To top it off they had a fire a few doors down from us. It was an electrical fire and no one was harmed but we had to wait outside for an hour and half while the fire department cleared everything. This hotel never offered any accommodations for such a startling experience. I'm glad we are only staying for one night because I don't feel safe. I might now get any sleep tonight.

Stayed: June 2017
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.