All reviews new orleans one bedroom suite food truck full kitchen front desk social hour french quarter hotel serves basketball court living area waffles minute drive great place to stay every morning nice hotel hotel of choice nola area
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Reception had coffee and tea available, coffee was cold. Hot water was available, but water was also cold with no tea bags. This was the same every afternoon on our two day stay. So why bother with that service. We chose this hotel because it was not too far from the French Quarter. Is is about two miles from a shopping mall with Macy's, Dillard's, JC Penny's, etc. Breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, waffles,etc. Evening social on Monday through Wednesday. Plenty of self parking available.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Olivia B, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us - you're right, our location is great, and convenient to everything! Thank you for letting us know about the cold coffee and water, and lack of tea bags - we will address this with the Gatehouse team to ensure that it's corrected moving forward. We hope to welcome you back soon, and with hot coffee next time!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My family stayed two nights and were very pleased. They have a great hotel and the staff is excellent.

My wife went to the main desk at very early and asked for an umbrella. The gentleman working the night shift at the desk offered to go get his own and lend it to her.

The employees serving breakfast do a great job - very friendly.

Great place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Olivia B, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave a review! Our staff will do whatever it takes to make our guests feel at home - we'll be sure to commend our night auditor for going out of his way to lend your wife his personal umbrella, as well as our breakfast attendants for always providing a great start to your day. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We spent one night in this hotel--clean, pleasant, staff were very nice, hotel was clean, breakfast was good. We took a cab into the French Quarter from the hotel--about $25 one way with a tip. But parking down there is such that we thought taking a cab there and back was easier.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Olivia B, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Metairie, and for taking the time to leave a great review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as your time in the French Quarter, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This was not my first choice for the area, however the stay was comfortable, clean and convenient to my customer location.

My check-in was a little odd, in that I requested a king bed in a one bed room. The desk agent was not certain which rooms had a king bed, so I agreed to check rooms. The first room was a queen bed in a one bedroom, I returned to the desk and was issued another key for to a king bed studio.

The shower is terrific and refreshing, beds are standard Marriott grade. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Should I return to New Orleans area I would definitely consider this location for future stays!

Room Tip: Next time I would request a room facing the courtyard. The outside rooms face an alleyway bordered by a not so attractive apartment complex
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Camille H, Operations Supervisor at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

P0nomo,

Thank you for staying here at the Metairie Residence Inn. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I will speak with the desk agents to make sure they know the differences between the rooms types. When your travels bring you back to the Metairie area it will be our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I booked a stay at the Residence Inn in Metairiee from 9/16 - 9/19. The location is perfect. 15 minutes from the airport, and 15 minutes to the French Quarter.We had 9 rooms. Half were studio and the other half were 2 bdrm suites. It couldn't have been better. The rooms were clean, large, and had kitchenettes. One in our group needed to work in the room and he had a large work desk to use. The free breakfast was an added plus, saving us $$ every morning. On Monday night they had free appetizers, beer, and wine. The owner of this hotel should be proud of the people he/she has working for them. They were so friendly and accommodating . When I return to New Orleans this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Olivia B, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words - I'm thrilled to hear that your group loved the hotel! We are located just close enough to everything you could want to visit, but far enough from the craziness to feel serene and peaceful. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in the New Orleans area!