“I have died and gone to oyster heaven”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 534 Restaurants in Metairie
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I am a well seasoned traveler having traveled to many different US states and overseas. When I tell you that going to Dragos and having the charbroiled oysters was some of the finest cuisine I have ever had it is no joke. I would make the trip to Louisiana just for these oysters. Oh, the lobster salad was also delicious as was the seafood mac n cheese my son had and the crawfish etoufee my husband had was also very good.

If you find yourself near New Orleans, skip the lines downtown, and head to this Dragos location.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Tough decision, which oysters to get... the chargrilled are to die for!! We had sampled them before at the Seafood Festival and have had this restaurant on our bucket list since. Ashton wait on us and did a fantastic job! My hubby opted for the fried shrimp, but being adventurous, I had the oyster and tasso pasta.... it was delicious!!
We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Liz-RonB
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Close to Lakeview Mall, there are dozens of eateries in the immediate area. We chose Drago's to meet with old friends on a quick trip to NOLA. Started with the BEST chargrilled oysters ever! The oysters are so plump! Moved on to a cup of seafood gumbo and then a fried oyster platter. Others ordered salad with lump crab meat, Cobb Salad, chicken and andoulie sausage and salad with shrimp. It was all awesome. Our server, Robert was Old School New Orleans....professional and efficient yet unobtrusive. The parking lot is very small and the area is pretty busy. I will definitely return!

1  Thank twaone
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

First time here. Came in for lunch. Parking lot is somewhat congested, but many spots were available.
Very warm welcome from the manager. Seated immediately.
Service from the waitstaff is 5 Star. Friendly, knowledgeable and prompt.
Food is fresh, well portioned and delicious.

1  Thank CobaltConnection
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Now i dislike oysters and no this did not change my mind. Wife says they were great. Had lobster mac and cheese...omg! Shrimp po boy, oh yea.
Food is all super rich. I wasnt impressed with the red beans and rice but otherwise yummy!

1  Thank Sean E