“Smoking.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marksville
Jonesville, LA
“Smoking.”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

If you don't smoke and can't stand smoke, I would advise you not to go to the casino. People have the right to smoke, but they do not respect the non smokers. There is a small room with slot machines in it for non smokers. The room smells like smoke because the smokers play in the room even though they do not smoke in the room. Some people have cancer and they enjoy gambling and playing the slots. The casino does not have adquate
space for non smokers. I have moved many times away from people that don't mind blowing smoke your way.
As far as the services at the casino it is great. Every now and then you will find a bad apple in life. This goes for any business. You cannot satisfy every person.

Room Tip: The Atrium rooms are the best, but they are assigned according to the amount you play. I was told t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doris E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
texas
Reviewed 21 February 2012

It's a nice hotel. It's off the beaten path. No major highway near it so traveling there was a bit of a headache. We went there to see a concert.
Tons of restaurants on site. There's an alligator exhibit in the atrium.
It also has a movie theater that shows current movies
Hotel room was nice and spacious.

I realize I was at a casino but the cigarette Smoke is unbearable. I don't recall 1 spot in the hotel that was smoke free. Not even the restaurant we ate at. There were gentleman at the table next to us smoking cigars. I was not able to fully enjoy my delicious food. The Paragon needs to invest in a better ventilation or air purifier system. My allergies went crazy.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank pamjam01
Lafayette, La
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Paragon Casino Resort is a very nice resort, however it's totally in the boondocks! If you don't have a gps or someone who knows where it is, you're sure to get lost! The place is really nice with lots of attractions (I went to see BB King). Also, the rooms are a bit pricy, but what do you expect when there's no competition??? Overall it was a nice stay, but it will be a while before I do the 130+ miles there.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Michelle70501
Zwolle, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband & I, along with our friends, visited and stayed at Paragon Casino Resort for 2 days Super Bowl weekend. The hotel (we stayed in the South Tower) is fabulous - did not look like a typical casino hotel room - very well appointed, clean and comfortable with a great bathroom also. The casino is really nice too and the restaurants serve really good food. We will definitely visit here again and I would recommend to anybody.

Room Tip: Ask for the South Tower as they have all been completely remodeled
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank magnolia502000
louisiana
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We've stayed at the Paragon several times and have been impressed each time with the resort. The rooms are perfect and most of the staff is very accomodating. There are live alligators in pools with shops around the atrium. We're tried two of the restaurants and were delighted with both. Yes, there is a theater for the children or anyone wanting a break and we've noticed the movies are first run. There's also a concession stand and the smell of the popcorn (which was awesome) will make your mouth water. The casino staff is very friendly. The area is kept clean. I particularly enjoy the cart that goes from aisle to aisle where you can get a beverage so you don't have to wait for a server to come around. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mapatogo

Been to Paragon Casino Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Paragon Casino Resort

Property: Paragon Casino Resort
Address: 711 Paragon Pl, Marksville, LA 71351-6002
Region: United States > Louisiana > Marksville
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marksville
Paragon Casino Resort, is Louisiana's most centrally located and most comprehensive resort. It's the perfect destination for a leisure trip or a meeting location that suites everyone's needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paragon Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Paragon Hotel Marksville