“Very diappointed expected more”

Golden Nugget Spa & Salon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located adjacent to the pool complex, the Spa and Salon offers a state of the art fitness center, luxuriously appointed men's and women's facilities complete with relaxation lounges, hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas. Co-ed lounge and outdoor hot tubs are also available.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Really surprised by some of the reviews on here and question who they were written by. This is not a luxurious spa as I was expecting it to be at the Golden Nugget. It is one room with 4 or 5 pedicure chairs in a row and a couple of tables for manicures, plus the hair salon all in one small area. The massage chair was one of the worst I've sat in and the small nail spa near my house is so much nicer than this. I paid $75 for a pedicure and it really wasn't a relaxing environment. They did not serve any drinks, you could order from room service and pay for it. My local small spa serves free margarita's, mimosas or wine. The girl who did my pedicure was pleasant enough but she did a terrible job. She kept messing it up and kept putting in on thicker. She didn't even get it close to the edge, it really wasn't good. I would have thought the Golden Nugget would have had a very luxurious nice spa, I was very disappointed.

5  Thank YvonneR496

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I booked a room at The Golden Nugget in Lake Charles for my husband's birthday and everything was 5-star!! I got a honey marshmallow melt pedicure from Kathleen Hebert and she was phenomenal. My husband got a relaxation massage. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend and look forward to visiting the resort and spa again.

Elizabeth M, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Spa & Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Happy Birthday to your husband! Thank you for choosing to spend such a special time at Golden Nugget. So happy that you both enjoyed your Spa treatments. We love the honey marshmallow melt pedicure! We will certainly let Kathleen know that you mentioned her in your review. We look forward to seeing you again at the Spa & Salon at Golden Nugget!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

I had a Sea Salt Honey-Pumpkin Rub and a Burdock Pumpkin Butter Stimulating and Balancing Facial. Tracey did the Rub and Sara took care of my facial. Both were so wonderful. The products smelled heavenly and put me in a relaxing mood right away. Tracey and Sara both had the perfect touch, not too hard but not too soft either. By the time I finished the appointment in the Steam Room I was ready to be rolled off to my bed to sleep! I cannot recommend this enough! Can't wait to go back and have another one done.

Elizabeth M, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Spa & Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Thank you so much for choosing the Spa and Salon at Golden Nugget! We appreciate the wonderful comments and the excellent rating. So happy to hear that you enjoyed the Sea Salt Honey-Pumpkin Rub and a Burdock Pumpkin Butter Stimulating and Balancing Facial services with Tracey and Sara. We look forward to having you return for another relaxing day!

Reviewed 15 August 2015

To say this was a terrific experience simply wouldn't be doing it justice. Everyone at the spa from the reception/check-in folks to the maintenance guys passing through were so welcoming and friendly. But the absolute best part of the experience was my fabulous technician Chevy. I honestly have never had a better mani/pedi in my life! She went above and beyond to massage the stress right out of my hands and feet and the finished product didn't even look like the hands and feet I'm used to looking at every day. They're now so incredibly smooth, hydrated and actually look younger. Not only was Chevy a most talented technician, she was so warm, friendly, interesting and it was easy to tell she loved her job and praised her employer for creating such a positive work environment.

I don't know how GN managed to snag this gal, but you certainly did a great job and should hold onto her dearly. Thanks GN Spa for a phenomenal experience - you all certainly far exceeded my expectations!

Karen
Houston, TX

Elizabeth M, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Spa & Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank you so much for your review and the Excellent rating! We love Chevy too!

Reviewed 10 August 2015

This spa was first class all the way, from calling for appointments to checking out! I had the best facial ever with Sara, so relaxing! Then a mani/pedi with the wonderful Kathleen, who did an excellent job and was so friendly. It did take a while, but I could spend all day there. Everyone was so kind and concerned with the comfort of the customers. The facility is absolutely gorgeous and so serenely comfortable. I can't wait to go back.

Elizabeth M, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Spa & Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Thank you so much for sharing your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Spa and Salon at Golden Nugget! Thank you for letting us know what a difference Kathleen and Sara made during your treatments! We look forward to having you visit the Spa during your next stay.