“Casino only -- did not stay in a room”
Review of L'auberge

L'auberge
Ranked #77 of 292 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 15 August 2018

The casino is fun and a nice break fro the Golden Nugget next door--there is a shuttle between the two.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The L'auberge has everything to offer a family on vacation. The adults can enjoy drinks and a casino. The children can go floating on tubes going down the river way to a pool. The L'auberge hosts several different kinds of restaurants and shops.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We used to love eating at the coffee shop at L'auberge. Food always wonderful. Breakfasts are great. BUT!!!! We had the most terrible service I can remember in a restaurant. Seated for 10 minutes in an empty room before a server came by. Asked for coffee with cream. 10 minutes later coffee arrived and cream spilled. Instead of cleaning with the proper cloth, he brought 5 freshly folded cloth napkins and wiped it up. Brought water with menus and a piece of paper from a straw was floating in the glass. Order placed. Never saw him again until I asked a girl from the front counter to get us more coffee. Asked later for him to check on food. Finally brought wonderful food. My husband ordered pancakes. They looked great but he didn't bring syrup. Waited for him to come back. Had to ask same front counter girl for syrup. He brought a small bit. Good for 1/2 of the pancakes. Asked the front girl for more syrup. Finally got it. Truly, the pancakes were cold and the rest of us had eaten. After looking at other people getting upset with the service, I asked for a manager. She came and I explained that I also own a restaurant and WANT to know if there are complaints. I told her he was very nice but needed so much training because he didn't really have a grip on customer service. The sad thing is that she defended this waiter because "HE ONLY WORKS EVENINGS" Does he know how to attend to tables ONLY AT NIGHT. She took my husbands pancakes off the ticket. Egaadddd. We are sorry that she is the manager. It's her responsibility to set the standard for the servers. Evidently hers is pretty low. Hope someone reads and understands why we write this. If I were an owner I WOULD WANT TO KNOW THAT I'VE GOT THE WRONG PERSON IN CHARGE OF TRAINING AND ACCOUNTABILITY. Sad. We were staying at the Golden Nugget and talking about staying at L'auberge next time but think we will stay put at the Golden Nugget.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

If you are wandering through L'Auburge, Modern Pantry is a nice place to stop and relax. They offer coffee and various specialty drinks. I ordered a cafe au lait and was given what was basically a latte. It was okay, but disappointing. It's not Starbucks, but it is a good place to get your caffeine fix for a reasonable price.

1  Thank PamRoad
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Modern Pantry is a small coffee shop located inside the L’Auberge complex. A good place to get your morning coffee fix. The area is pleasantly decorated so you can relax and people-watch. Coffee is fine but, not outstanding. Prices are reasonable.