“Food is so unique”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Wonderful food, Medterian, so delicious, menu choices are abundant, Steaks, seafood. All the entrees are prepared at the restaurant fresh Mazen's has a great bar with cocktails and wine and beer.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We started the meal with Tuna lightly seared and seasoned well and also had the Crab Crepe too! Both appetizers were fantastic. For our meals my wife had the “Fish Gillet” (named after former head Chef J. Gillet) this was a Red Snapper filet with a crab cake and jumbo shrimp on top in an amazing sauce! I had the 16 oz Ribeye with lump crab on top and it was seasoned and cooked so well! My wife’s Fish Gillet was the Star of the night... don’t get me wrong the steak was great but the Fish Gillet was simply amazing! For dessert we had the White Chocolate Soufflé and it was as amazing as everyone said it would be! This was our 14th Anniversary dinner and Chapman our waiter was superb! Sorry for no good food pics... I was to excited to dig in and this pic I did take is a perfect example of how good everything was!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We travelled to Lake Charles for a special party and a fantastic dinner in a white table cloth atmosphere. The margarita's were unbelievable; we had too many. The appetizers were delicious and plentiful. The different dinners selected were perfect and an abundance of food. We decided to share around the table and had everything from Roasted Duck to Lamb Chops to dinner's the waiter suggested that wasn't on the menu. The tab was approximately $1000 for six of us and we brought the house down with laughter, humor and some fantastic food. The desserts were split amongst the six of us and we enjoyed the entire evening with a fantastic waiter and his assistant. Sure, the decor is not what you'd expect in a facility with this level of reputation but the experience enjoying great food and lots of fun overshadowed any thoughts of looking at the decor. The chef's at Mazens are phenomenal. They even came out to visit with us and inquire about our experience for the evening. Outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

This is the first restaurant review I have ever written, but our experience at Mazan’s was so upsetting I had to post. Six of us traveled 3-4 hours to meet in Lake Charles and celebrate our son’s birthday (he lives out of state). I had made a reservation for that night but when we arrived we were seated in their bar area - right below a large tv screen. The restaurant is a bit of a letdown when you enter; others had mentioned their dated decor. Try sitting in the dump of a bar - it smelled, was obscenely loud and very uncomfortable. My husband immediately went back to complain to the hostess (don’t reservations mean anything???) but was told we would have to wait 25 minutes if we “wanted” to sit in the dining room. At 7:30 on a Saturday night, where else are we going to go? The waiters clearly felt sorry for us and tried to provide good service, but it was so hard to hear anything they said that all they could do was shout out the name of their recommendations. No descriptions or questions would have been possible in that environment. The appetizers were okay, but the entrees were disgusting, I could barely saw through my chops and they had an off-putting taste (horse maybe?). Everyone had to yell through their dinner, so any chance to spend time with our son was ruined by this hellhole of a restaurant. Oh, and we got to spend $600 for them to take advantage of us and ruin what should have been a special occasion.

1  Thank Grace C
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

First Lake Charles is a blue collar town. Second I have no issues with blue collar people.
Started with a bottle of Freemark Abbey. An unusual find.

I could not decide between the Rockefeller And Bienville, so I got 1/2 1/2. Neither disappointed

Moving on the the fish barateria with lump crab. Catch was fresh red snapper. Cooked to just flaky. Ordered a side of steamed spinach forgoing the potatoes.