“Great food - huge portions - reasonably priced”

Jack Daniel's Bar & Grill
Ranked #41 of 292 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We've eaten several things on the menu and have loved each one. The portions are always large and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here on a Tuesday night. Needed gluten free choices and the menu has more than a few. We had the corn batter fried catfish plate....it was wonderful. Only gluten free drink was Angry Orchard. Live band that night. Server was great. Will come back again.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Visited on a Friday evening (while staying at L'Auberge Casino/Hotel for work) There was no wait for a table. We were a party of three. Our server, Brooklyn, was one of those rare folks you find who are a 'natural'. Great balance of attention without intrusion, engagement without distraction, simply perfect in how she went about doing her 'job'. When you have the good fortune to encounter one of these 'naturals', you realize just how poorly most people do the job of being a 'server' these days. I had not previewed the menu, and had NO idea what I wanted for dinner. I decided on the brisket plate, since it sounded like a 'safe' choice. One of our table-mates is a Texas native, so I was looking forward to hearing his opinion. In the end, all three of us ended up ordering the brisket as our main course. We also ordered a 1/2 dozen charbroiled oysters, and a sampler appetizer plate to share as starters. The charbroiled oysters were quite good, however the oysters themselves were on the small side. The sampler appetizer included boudin balls (which to my taste had too high a rice to meat ratio, but were well seasoned) The grilled oysters on the appetizer plate were large and tasty (better than the charbroiled offering) The brisket plates delivered, and the quantity of brisket on the plate was AMAZING. The menu refers to 16 oz, but it seemed like much more. I ordered the potato salad (VERY good) and the baked beans (also amazing) as my sides. The brisket was done to perfection. Tender, enough smoke to be distinctive, not so much smoke as to over-power the awesome beef flavor. My Texas friend gave the brisket his 'two thumbs up'. I normally shy away from ordering BBQ other than at 'dedicated' BBQ joints, but the offering at Jack Daniel's did not disappoint. While the location might not be convenient UNLESS you are visiting/staying at the hotel, in my opinion it is worth the effort to visit.

1  Thank Malcom L
Reviewed 13 September 2018

always enjoy eating here when I'm in town. Service is good. Place is very open and spaced out. They have a variety of different foods which is usually all good.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Went to Jack Daniel’s last night and they were having Kareoke with a live band. It was so nice to find something so fun and entertaining on a Tuesday night. There were a lot of people in there and everyone who sang loved the experience of singing with the live band. We sat at the bar and the service and food was great!