“Sometimey”

Street Breads
Ranked #54 of 292 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 June 2018

My experiences at this location are hit or miss. Unfortunately, my recent experiences have been fair/poor. I ordered my favorite salad recently, and it was clearly made days prior to my order. I hope management turns this place around because the menu is great and the pricing is not bad at all. The quality just needs to be improved for a more consistent dining experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here before but this was by far the most disappointing dining experience I’ve had in a long time. The employees making the food were clearly sick and not functioning well, burning food, one cut her finger on the knife tray and started crying and the young man, clearly friendly, didn’t get orders correct and didn’t know what was going on. In fact, he had unplugged the gumbo pot and when we opened our cups, the gumbo was congealed and cold as well as the rice being stale. We didn’t bother to complain because they were all so confused and dysfunctional that my son and I decided to write this honest review. Someone phoned in an order and they never made it and when they showed up they had forgotten it and blamed it on a “rush” (there was none). The place was filled with smoke, I didn’t finish my food, and left very disappointed in this place. Left a bad taste in my mouth - literally and figuratively!
Never again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Place is way over priced for the amount of food you get. It is okay but expensive. Took my 2 daughters there because they wanted to try it. I would have done better going to a nice restaurant for the price. Portions are small.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I had two sandwiches from them while I was in Lake Charles. Both were great with great ingredients. The service is friendly. I would recommend.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

My husband I stopped here for lunch because I've been wanting to try them out for a while. I was totally impressed! The service was very friendly, they have everything from pizza to sandwiches, soups, salads, and even breakfast. They have Louisiana made sodas and kombucha available in addition to regular drinks. I ordered the Uptown New Orleans sandwich and was not disappointed. It was huge, and absolutely delicious! Hubby got their barbecue pulled pork sandwich and loved it. We tried out the Pecan Root Beer and were delighted. Definitely highly recommended eating here. We will definitely be back!