“Amazing PoBoys”

Ranked #4 of 292 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The poboys at Darrell's are a long time area delight. Surf and Turf is my favorite!!! Sliced roast beef and sauteed shrimp cooked in roast beef gravy and homemade butter sauce and jalapeno mayo. They have domestic, import, craft and premium beer.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

They have many different types of poboys all are very good two of my favorite are the bbq and the surf and turf

Reviewed 6 October 2018

sample 3 sandwiches --all superb --a little messy as the restaurant was full we did takeout and the sandwiches leaked through the paper bag. A really good beef bar b q sandwich but spicy--small was plenty for lunch

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Food was great as usual! The special was great as it always is and the staff did a great job as always

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I would love to be writing this review about the food, unfortunately we didn't get to try any. I really didn't want to give a rating, but I had to. They do not honor posted open times and they really don't care. Poor business practice.
We had planned to meet a large group of parents and students after football game at Darrel's. We had checked all over and closing was listed as 11PM. We arrived first, a little after 10 and thought it looked a little unusual that some chairs were flipped up on tables, however numerous people were at other tables and at bar. When we tried to enter front door its was locked, we checked posted time and it was lite up 11PM. We noticed a side entranced and walked in. Bartender informed us they were closed, I responded that the sign said 11, he shrugged his shoulders and said they hadn't had any new customers in a while (I really don't think that should matter), I said they were about to loss a bunch. He said the "TO GO" drive thru was open til 1015. We headed to our car to go thru drive thru and I was calling my son to find out what others wanted. When we got to drive thru there was a ladder supporting top so you couldnt reach drive thru window, my husband got out of car to go to window, at window they said they stopped taking orders at 1015. When he got back in car I looked at phone and it was 10:16 PM.
I have worked in food service, there was no business I worked at that would have let that occur. We didn't lock the doors until it was closing time, period! I remember working shifts as a waitress and leaving with only $8 in tips because of big events going on at the time. No way management would have let us close and disappoint our loyal customers.