“Poor housekeeping and wi fi”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My husband came here for business. He usually stays at Holiday Inn Kaliste Salloom.

1. When he walked in, lobby had an odor. Like a "wet mop"
2. checked in room on 3rd floor, had same odor.
3. Then given room on 2nd floor, room was nice
4. Poor wifi. Kept getting knocked off
5. Housekeeping never vacuumed on room. Item accidently dropped and it was not picked up
6. Breakfast was good especially the staff. Very friendly

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hi Beth F,

Your compliment for our staff is valued, especially during breakfast. I'll be happy to pass this along so that our team can consistently provide seamless service!

It is our goal to make each of your stays memorable and I'm sorry that housekeeping fell below your expectations. Your feedback is taken seriously and hotel management will address this internally. I am glad that you were moved to another room quickly.

We are looking forward to see you again. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Best,

Anna B

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The room smells of smoke and I sweat from the humidity. I can't believe I let my family sleep here. My daughter literally developed a respiratory issue while sleeping. They were remodeling when I checked in and I should have known better then. Never again. Please don't bring your kids here.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms are so humid you can wipe the moisture off furniture. Sheets are damp and sticky as well. Roach in dresser drawer. Took money out of my account that was not authorized. States on company dollar.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear Corey H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding the condition of the room you were given. We also regret the issues you had with the charge. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This is a great hotel in a great location. This is why we chose this hotel for our out of town guests for our wedding and even decided to stay here on our wedding night.

Unfortunately, the staff at the hotel almost ruined everything. We had reserved 12 rooms for our out of town guests and a suite for ourselves. When the guest called in the get a room, instead of giving them an individual room, they would put all 12 rooms on the person calling credit card. Luckily we discovered this 2 days before the wedding and with a LOT of work and calls, we were able to fix it. We were also promised a discount on our suite, but at checkout we were charged full price. I asked about the discount, but the person working the desk said they knew nothing about a discount.

The other guests also had issues with the staff, and on future visits to come see us, they will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Hello Nathan M,

Thanks for staying with us and posting a review from your recent stay with us. I am glad to know that you regarded our hotel to be great and chose us for your special wedding. On the other hand, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies for the mishaps on your guest reservations. I am glad that our staff was able to rectify this for you. My case notes reflect everything that you have brought to my attention. I have forwarded your comments to the General Manager and ownership of this hotel, and I am confident they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve their facilities and services and consider for future upgrade. I would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be in your future stay with us.

Dianne L.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Clerk very polite and accommodating. We were greeted with a smile and felt welcomed. The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The hotel was set back off of the very busy street and we had a first floor room that was looking out onto the parking lot. Very quiet area, we could not hear any street noise. Our stay was very pleasant. Looking forward to staying there again.

Stayed: April 2017