All reviews ambassador caffery parking lot great hotel within walking distance wi fi road trip chilli stay there again first floor the hotel staff linens cleanliness
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Lowest I can go. I would go lower but 1 is as low as it goes. They tried to remodel, but did not do a complete job...heater did not work, next room heater would not shut off, next room phones did not work. It took 5 rooms to get one that the heater worked, and when I went to plug phone charger in plugs did not work....so finally get to sleep, and on a Sunday morning, we got a lovely 6am wake up call, that we did not request...went down to eat breakfast and were blinded by the sun...large windows that face the east with no shades...really people? I guess management never goes there and eats or they would surely know to get shades....I guess you can tell, before I say this, I do not recommend. Go to the HI Express on Kaliste Saloom, much nicer.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Traveralot, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service. We have finished our remodel and do hate to here you did not enjoy it.

Lukas

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a lot going for it: the set back from a noisy highway is right at the top of the list. The hotel breakfast was quite nice - nothing special, but what was served was fine. The most aggravating part of the whole stay was that the room key cards kept deleting their codes. This meant a return to the front desk clerk to get the card re-programmed. This happened over and over. HIE: get this fixed!!! Then I will up the number of stars on my rating.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MarNune
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear MarNune,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodations, and we appreciate your business with us. It is nice to read that you have acknowledged the level of service received during your breakfast. However, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the noise challenges, the card keys, and the quality of breakfast served may have caused you. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued guests like you, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We have shared your comments with the hotel management and we’re confident that necessary actions will be made, in order to meet our guests' comfort and satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope this stay experience will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 November 2016

The hotel is set back from a busy highway and not in a major flight path but the tension on the hall doors is set to "slam." If you are here on a busy night, all you will hear is the slamming of doors as people come and go. Otherwise, it's a pretty clean and comfortable place with the usual breakfast. The rate was lower than other area hotels, so I didn't mind plugging my ears once I found the darn things in my luggage.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JennyBees
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear JennyBees,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased to know you liked the cleanliness of our hotel. On the other hand, we are sorry for the experience you had with the noise which did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Didn't have anywhere booked to stay. Had a good look round Lafayette and came back to this one. Really glad we did. Booked in by very pleasant young lady called Skylar. (Shades of Breaking Bad!) We booked in for 2 days and were so pleased with the hotel we booked another day. The hotel was clean and tidy and the room was perfect. I thought the hotel was new but they tell me it has been refurbished. The breakfast was plentiful with the usual variety of scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruit etc.
The hotel lays back from the road so the rooms are quiet and the pool area was super. Staff were courteous and helpful. Wi-Fi was good. All in all a very good choice and I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Hotel room was clean and quite with very friendly staff. Would recommend for short stay while in Lafayette. The location was good as well as there are numerous places to eat within a short driving distance.

Stayed: October 2016
Traveralot, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Thank you so much for the great review. We look forward to your next stay.