“Very nice”

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Holden Beach, North Carolina
“Very nice”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We were in Lafayette for a family reunion and birthday party at the River Oaks just up the street from the Wingate. Very nice accommodations, clean comfortable room. Slept great in the comfortable bed. Appreciate the free WiFi and the complimentary breakfast. Especially like the waffles with the Fleur de Lis! And the rates were good. Other family members stayed at the Hilton around the corner and were wishing they had booked the Wingate. Did not notice the air traffic even though we were close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Hello Delidevlil! Thank you for staying with us and being our guest during your family reunion and birthday party at River Oaks! I have shared your feedback and comments with the team and we value and appreciate you as our guest! I am pleased that you enjoyed our Fiber Optic High-Speed Internet with speeds up to 100 Mbps - should make for uploading photos from your reunion extremely fast and fun! I am also pleased you enjoyed the Fleur de Lis waffles - that's a new addition to our hotel and is quickly becoming a favorite with our guests! I hope that we see you again as a guest in the future and if you have another family reunion or birthday party I hope that we see you and your whole family at our hotel! Thank you again for being our guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Jonesboro, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I travel for my job on a weekly basis year round. We stay in many hotel chains across the country. The staff at the Wingate in Lafayette, La are by far the best staff ever. They are extremely friendly upon my arrival and just after 2 stays they were able to greet my by name upon entering the building. The staff on every level go above and beyond to ensure your needs are met and that your stay is enjoyable. The hotel is very clean with nice, large rooms. It is my favorite place to stay!!---Gayla

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Hello Gayla W, Thank you for the awesome feedback and kind words about our hotel! Our staff LOVES having you here and I hope that we continue to provide consistent and exceptional service to you and your colleagues when you stay at our hotel! We definitely want you to keep coming back and we hope that we will see you again soon! Thank you for being our guest!!! -Charles, Director of Sales
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 January 2012

From telephone reservation to check out, we were impressed with the professional manner in which the hotel staff conducted themselves. The breakfast was hot and the selection was quite varied - able to accomodate any diet restrictions. Our king room was nice and roomy with a large desk, comfortable desk chair and even a chair and ottoman for relaxing with a book. The late check out request was not a problem and for that, this tired couple says, "Thank you!!!". We will definitely refer our out of town guests to this hotel and stay there again when we just need a break from the kids, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need - they will accomodate!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Angela C,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff! We try our best to provide Count on Me! service for every guest and I want to share your feedback with our team! I am glad that you and your spouse had a relaxing and comfortable stay. We all look forward to seeing you again when you come back to our hotel for some rest and relaxation and thank you for considering us for your out of town guests!
Hope to see you again soon! - Charles
Jackson, MS
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This was my first stay at the Wingate in Lafayette. This will be my go to hotel on my travels threw here from now on. I was a little apprehensive at first, based on my last and only stay at a Wingate in Little Rock AR. That was a Wyndham in name only..very dissapointing. When I checked in here a very lovely lady named Evette checked me in. She must love her job because she had one of those infectous smiles. You could tell her goal was to make sure you were pleased with your stay. The interior and exterior were imaculantly clean and inviting.
The room is very nice, and smelled nice (that is hard to find in the southern states because of humidity). Based on my only other Wingate stay I had the impression they were the Holiday Inn Express of Wyndham's....man was I wrong. I got a snake bag for being a Wyndham by Request member, & a reception with food and beverages. Even great freshed baked cookies. What more could you ask for. The whole staff I meet were great , Evette, Charles, and Blake. Even though this was my first visit, they made me feel like old friends. To me thats important, because I travel 5 states for business, and it gets lonely on the road. DO NOT hesitate about staying here, trust me , try it and you'll be a loyal guest also.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Hello Shawn H., Thank you for taking the time out of your travels to review us. It is an honor and pleasure having you as our guest and we, as a team, truly appreciate your business. I am sorry about your experiences at the other hotel and I am very thankful you gave Wingate another chance to earn your trust. We as a team strive to give "Count on Me" service that you can depend on us with each and every visit to our hotel. I have also shared your feedback with the team and the general manager - thank you! We are glad you enjoyed our evening social we provide to all of our guests with beer&wine and that you liked the fresh baked cookies we put out every afternoon. We hope to see you again soon as our guest and thank you for staying with us!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.

The good: Our room was huge with 2 comfortable double beds, desk, couch and huge flat screen TV. There was also a microwave, fridge and coffee machine. The bathroom was quite big. Wireless internet was great with very fast downloads. The breakfast had the usual: pastries, waffle, hot buffet comprising of scrambled eggs, bacon and gravy. The hotel had a small whirl pool and gym.

The bad: Our room was above the reception area so it got a bit noisy at times. I didn't realise this until I arrive but the hotel is very close to a rail line. There are trains going past every couple of hours honking its horn for a very long time. So if you are a light sleeper this may be a problem. Surprisingly I did not hear any air planes going past. Limited selection of TV channels, travel channel was missing :(

Overall, we had a pleasant stay,

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the reception/lobby area
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Hello and thank you very much for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I would also like to thank you for coming to Lafayette and experiencing our hotel. I have shared your comments with our hotel staff as we are always looking at improving ourselves and the experiences of our guests - such as when you mentioned the fast downloads for the internet - we are the only hotel in Lafayette that offers LUSFiber Internet with speeds up to 100 Mbps - we saw that our guests have a need for fast connection speeds when working away from the office and we delivered!

And with the train, I totally agree with you. In fact, many of the other surrounding hotels and businesses experience that train noise as well. I am pleased to say that shouldn't be too much of a problem in the near future. The train whistle is to signal drivers who are at the nearby intersections for safety, but from what I have been hearing, there are plans to actually modify the area with an elevated/raised train platform so that cars can travel through without having to actually cross above the tracks. This was done just down the street (near Hugh Wallis and University) and I think that when they do this closer to our hotel it may eliminate a lot of that noise. In addition to that, we are currently seeking bids with some companies to modify or change our current windows into soundproof windows. Granted, this won't happen overnight as there is a process but we take our guest feedback seriously and want to ensure that you come back.

Regarding the Travel Channel, I never noticed that we didn't have it - but what a great idea to have that available. I am going to talk with our General Manager and see what it would take to add that channel.

Most importantly, thank you for staying with us and allowing us to be a part of your experience in Lafayette. I truly value your stay and your feedback and I hope that the next time you come through that your visit is even better. Hope to see you again!