See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2018

These disgraceful, inexcusable and unforgivable conditions give legitimate hotel/motel owners a bad reputation in a community of people have strived to overcome bias for many years. It was at the bottom of the barrel or "Potel Hell". This hotel should be avoided at all cost if you value you or your family's health. There was blatant disregard for hygienic practices that could lead to serious infection and disease. I specifically told the manager, Paul Patel, that it was the worst hotel I have ever seen. My words didn't seem to affect him.
The place is literally falling apart. The furniture looks like they shopped an auction and bought what no one else wanted. I would not stay there even if I slept with my clothes on. ( I went into my room and immediately left and called Choice Hotels for a refund). I probably would have a cleaner room in a jail cell. Hasn't anybody questioned this hotel and done an inquiry on their health department records? Mystery stains on everything. You know that they don't care about the guest's overall risk of infectious diseases or other health threats they may catch (bacteria, mold, germs, STD's that can be transmitted through unclean towels and bed linens) while staying at their motel. Can you imagine the bacteria and germs in the pools? I cannot believe that this was a Choice Hotels property. The neighborhood cannot be blamed for the conditions of the motel. I had recently been in town for the Jazz Fest and stayed at the Contempra Inn, just a block away and paid a lower price for a really nice and tidy room. Read my review of the Contempra Inn and you may save yourself from the EconoLodge in Kenner, LA.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

After reading some bad reviews I figured it couldn't be that bad and decided to give this place a shot. I was wrong. The room smelled like a mixture of smoke and old damp carpet. There was a chair that looked like they pulled it out of a dumpster. It had rips and stains on it. The top sheet on the bed had multiple stains on it. The walls had peeling paint as well as drawings on it. The bathroom was clean but the toilet was loose and when you sat on it would move.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2018

This place is out dated. Needs work. Bug's inside the room. It was raining water coming into the room. Bathroom was really small. no maid service the whole time we where there. The room smelled liked rotten water.

Room Tip: We ended up across the Street.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I would have given this hotel zero stars if I were just reviewing the room. It was filthy; trash on the floor, damp patches on the ceiling, mouldy dirty Windows and what I found behind the bed was gross!

However, the complex is nice with a pool and the manager was very apologetic and offered a generous refund. Apparently the second floor are older rooms, so ask for 1st or 3rd floor.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The place is pretty run down. For the most part the room was clean but in need of serious renovation & updating. The bathroom was tiny, the a/c got cool but not cold and the room smelled musty.
Overall, just ok.