“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of Crawfish Town USA

Crawfish Town USA
Reserve with OpenTable
Crawfish Town USA is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Henderson
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

First off, the wine was not fresh, it must have been in the fridge for a while.So I decided to order a different brand, but there were only two choices. They didn't have Kendall Jackson, so when she asked me if I wanted to order another glass and I said no, I thought she would be curious as to why I didn't care for the first glass. She was not. So, don't go there for a decent glass of wine. On to appetizers, the volcano shrimp is delicious, but I wish that it would be served on a better mix of greens. The sauce over the greens was tasty, but sadly I would not eat it because it was on iceberg lettuce. I think they should class it up a bit and serve better salad. Also, the oysters rockefeller were served on garlic toasts instead of an oyster shell. There is no excuse for that...it was terrible! If you don't have oyster shells, please pick something else. Also, the seafood gumbo was lukewarm and barely seasoned. For the main dish I had grilled stuffed shrimp which was delicious, however I was missing the wine still. My husband had the crabcakes atchafalaya. We believe it used to be served on top of pasta, and he used to love it. He was not impressed this time. I was left wondering why the restaurant is going downhill. I hope they can fix these problems. I am afraid to go back there.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I usually come during crawfish season for boil crawfish which are very good here. It was a mistake to come here when they are out of season. We both had seafood gumbo and the grilled classic platter. The gumbo was watery and not much seafood of $7. Fish in mine had many small bones. The classic platter portions were small and tasteless. The mixed vegetables were mushy and way over cooked. Need less to say we were disappointed. Service was good.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch because it was close to where we're camping. It's SO good! I had the fish tacos with fried catfish. Came with 2 good size tacos, I was full when I finished. My husband had the etouffee and catfish lunch and it was great too. If course we had to have the dessert as well. Our waiter Nicole was very helpful, pleasant too. Another bonus in book is there's no smoking or e-cigarettes. Do yourself a favor and come here.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stopped based on TripAdvisor ratings and were not disappointed. Nancy had the Crawfish Enchilada and we both liked it. I ordered the Classic Seafood Platter with fried catfish, shrimp, oysters, stuffed crab & shrimp, jambalaya, and french fries. I through it was good, perhaps a little over breaded. Nancy's order was the star of our meal. I should have ordered the crawfish meal, as I noticed most of the lunch crowd enjoying it.

1  Thank Unity-Eagle-68
Reviewed 22 June 2017

This restaurant is only about 5 minutes from Breaux Bridge at Exit 115. Best Jambalaya I've ever eaten! My son had the seafood enchilada and said it was to die for. The bread pudding is home made and is delicious! Probably the best I've had in LA. I purchased frozen seafood jambalaya, red beans & sausage, and seafood gumbo to bring back home. Fantastic restaurant and huge parking lot. From Breaux Bridge, take exit 115, turn left and go about 4 blocks, restaurant is on the right. It's a large red barn like building, you can't miss it.