“Best Food ever..”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Harvey
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Omg... where do I start.. the wings, crawfish etouffee, desserts and Drinks everything is just delicious best drinks ever

1  Thank misssassy25

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My wife had never been to New Orleans before and I wanted to give her a taste of some different restaurants. We decided on Copeland's because of it's reputation and close proximity to hotel. Definitely an experience to remember,and not in a good way. Listed are the reasons why:
1. Ten minutes to have drink order taken.
2. Another 15 minutes to have order taken.
3. Food was delivered,however no silverware was given. Literally had to wait 5 minutes on silverware while food was getting cold.
Waiter had to go back to get two side items which he forgot. Another 5 minutes.
6. I ordered the steak La Bouchere. While it was good, the portion size was tiny!! I actually left the restaurant hungry. Come on, pasta is one of the cheapest items on a menu. It was literally 3 to 4 small bites.
7. Waiter NEVER came to check on us.
8. Asked to speak to manager who promptly defended all of the above issues. She gave us excuses rather than making us, the customers, validation on our issues.

Not a good experience. I really expected more. Won't be dining there again. Very overrated and overpriced.

1  Thank jeff w
Amy B, Guest Relations Manager at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your feedback, and my sincerest apologies that your recent visit to Copeland's was not up to your or our standards! We take pride in our ability to deliver an excellent dining experience to each and every guest. I would like the opportunity to discuss this visit further with you so we can insure this remains an isolated incident. At your earliest convenience, would you please contact me directly at abordlee@alcopeland.com? Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We went based on a recommendation from our hotel clerk. It's the best complete meal we've had while in New Orleans. The meal was excellent from the lemonade to the fried chicken the ribs. The atmosphere is comfortable, the portion sizes were more than adequate and the prices were reasonable. An all around pleasant experience.

1  Thank sonyam727
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My family and I were Visiting Harvey, La. for the first time. The entire time we were there we searched for good Cajun food. With no luck we decided to go ahead and get something we knew would be great especially being so close to New Orleans. Well we were ever so wrong. This was surely a horrible experience. So bad to the point of where I just knew we were being pranked.
First off we get there sit at the table here comes our server Harley. Her demeanor certainly said to us that she didn't want to serve us. No smile no friendliness whatsoever. Nothing at all that said welcome. She even suggested that we not try certain dishes.
We ordered our dishes without her help, really ready to enjoy some good Cajun food. One person ordered from the Brunch menu and the others ordered from the regular menu. Nothing we ordered was worth the money paid. So not only did we receive bad service from Harley, but the food was terrible on top of that. She did not bring our orders out nor did she come to see if the orders were correct. Which they weren't! We ordered red beans n rice with one of the dishes that someone else brought out ten minutes prior to our order. It was constantly one thing after the other. Harley brushed us off as if we weren't even there. We even saw her over in the corner with a few other servers, hostesses having a conversation about us.
At that point we had to insist that she not return to our table. When our concerns were expressed to the manager, she made excuses for her behavior. Really? Is that how you run your establishment? The manger tried to make it better but truth be told she pushed us off the bridge. She suggested that we get some sort of blackened seasoning for our non seasoned food that she said she'd bring, and it never arrived at our table. She offered to bring out another mimosa for one of our guest that she brought out after the third and final time asking. For the trouble she offered to pay the $2.00. and give us dessert. Really ma'am? At this point I want out of your establishment, I don't want free dessert or a $2.00 mimosa. It's not at all about the money. We were aware of the cost of the food prior to entering, it was about receiving what we were paying for.
After all This restaurant was chosen because we frequent Copeland's in Atlanta often and never have we had such awful service. Our expectation was that this was going to be another great experience. At the end of the day we were so wrong for choosing this place. I only hope they get it together, this location is truly giving Copeland's a BAD NAME!
Make no mistake about the rating of stars. I only gave one because zero is not an option on the score board, but truthfully they deserve a zero. Starting with management!

1  Thank S G

Hi S G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I certainly do apologize that your recent experience at this Copeland's location was less than excellent! Our team takes feedback like yours seriously, and we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you further. At your earliest convenience, would you please reach out to me directly, abordlee@alcopeland.com? Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I love Copelands and their food and have never had a bad experience until this time. I actually try to book my hotel room somewhere close to this restaurant bc we love it so much. My 5 yr old's mac&cheese and my steak without the side dish came out first to the table. Then my 9 yr old's salad came out, but not her kids burger bites. I was 2/3 of the way done with my steak before the waiter finally brought out my side dish of mashed sweet potatoes. My daughter had still not received her burger bites at this point. I looked down and saw a hair in my sweet potatoes that possibly looked like an eyelash. My waiter was nowhere to be found for several minutes so I flagged down another waiter and told him the issue. I believe at this point someone brought my daughter's food out finally. He promptly got my waiter who brought the food back and got the manager. When the manager approached my table she did not introduce herself as the manager she simply asked, Is everything okay over here? Because she was so young and did not appear to be dressed like a manager, I honestly thought she was another customer at first until I asked her, Who are you? Then she introduced herself, and I explained what was going on. I was polite with her even thought I was aggravated that my food had hair in it and my daughter's food was extremely late. I was completely done with my steak at this point and of course had not even touched the sweet potatoes. She apologized and asked me what I'd like her to do- replace the sweet potatoes or choose another side dish? I told her I really wanted the sweet potatoes and would like another dish but without hair in it this time. She said, Ok, well it just appears to be an eyelash." As if that makes it any better, like she was dismissing it as no big deal. A couple minutes later he brought out another dish smaller in size than the original dish, with sweet potatoes. It honestly looked as if all they did was scrape the other food into a newer smaller dish minus the eyelash. It took them a really long time to deliver my original dish of sweet potatoes but only a couple minutes to replace it??? My daughter's burger bites were cold and tasteless by the time she got them. She took a few bites and said, Mom, these don't even taste very good and refused to finish them. When my waiter brought my bill he apologized for all of the mistakes made in the course of our meal and said our 3 soft drinks were comped for our trouble. Now please understand I am not a difficult customer to please and I am usually a generous tipper. I am not that customer who tries to get things for free, but I really felt like because of the long delay in receiving my side dish, my daughter's food, and then the hair in my food, that the manager should have compensated us more that just 3 free soft drinks. Not only was I disappointed with the food and service, but also with the way the manager dealt with it. I'm not sure we will ever be returning to this Copeland's location again.

Hello jamyt2015,
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. Our entire Copeland's team is very sorry to hear that both the food and service you received on your recent visit were far below your and our standards. Providing our Cajun and Creole cuisine and our Lagniappe Hospitality service to each and every guest is one of our top priorities, and I would appreciate the opportunity to put you in touch with the general manager of this Copeland's location. At your earliest convenience, would you please contact me directly? I can be reached at abordlee@alcopeland.com. Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Been to Copeland's of New Orleans? Share your experiences!