“A Gem in Denham Springs”
Review of DON'S Seafood

DON'S Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: DON'S SEAFOOD More Than Eighty Years of Exceptional Seafood South Louisiana locals and visitors have been drawn to DON'S authentic Cajun cuisine for more than 80 years. Menu selections including traditional Landry family recipes, and more recent original creations like Zydeco Shrimp, are well worth repeat visits. Many stop in daily for oysters on the half shell or boiled crawfish in season. DON'S bartenders serve Signature Old Fashioned cocktails alongside the newest specialty drinks, many made with Louisiana products. DON'S SEAFOOD began in 1934, when Don Landry opened his first restaurant and bar in downtown Lafayette with $400 borrowed from his uncle. Prohibition had just been lifted and at only 24 years old, he envisioned serving drinks and offering a simple menu featuring fresh local seafood. Four generations later, the Landry family has expanded that humble beginning into what would eventually become the DON'S SEAFOOD of today. Continuing the tradition, the Landry family still owns and operates each location. An extensive menu of original South Louisiana Cajun family recipes, the freshest Gulf seafood and sizzling steaks is offered. Each location boasts a unique Acadiana-inspired décor, all have a full-service bar and grill, perfect for casual diners or sports enthusiasts. Every DON'S SEAFOOD grill features an open charbroiler where diners can watch exclusive dishes being prepared like DON'S Original Jacked Up Oysters loaded with bacon, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. Whether you're just passing through South Louisiana or live right around the corner, you'll find a DON'S SEAFOOD location near you in Lafayette, Denham Springs, Gonzales, Hammond, Covington and Metairie.
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Talk about good seafood! We were just passing through, driving from Charleston SC to Houston, and found Don's. I had the seafood plate (fried). It was almost too much for one person! The seafood was fresh and coated with a light cornmeal dredge which gave a crisp crust. The strips of fried fish were also well prepared. Even though our meal was a takeout since we were traveling with our dog, it was still excellent as takeout!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

While we were on a restaurant trip to southern Louisiana we had lunch here and it was great, the best we had from small chain restaurants, my wife had mixed fried shrimp and oysters and I had , fried catfish over rice covered with crawfish étouffée and I had had this at the Don’s in Lafayette , although very good I thought the Don’s in Denham Springs was better, and my wife’s shrimp batter had a very good but unique taste, we would highly recommend and Don’s location, but I think Denham Springs May be the best.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Some of the best Cajun food I've ever had. Seafood gumbo is tasty as is the Crawfish etouffee. Would definitely stop in again when in the area.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped on the way back to Texas. The gumbo was so good, we ordered a 2nd bowl! Everything we ordered was great! Shrimp etouffee, fried shrimp, broiled shrimp, catfish and crawfish etouffee were all on point! Also, the service was quick and very friendly.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

10 of us met out for a Father's Day meal on a Saturday night. This was the worse seafood I ever had. We started out with appetizers including onion rings that were not cooked all the way through besides no flavor but flour, 2 dozen of so called charbroiled oysters that were so small and all you tasted was melted parmesan cheese with no butter sauce. I had a seafood platter that was greasy, the 3 oysters were small and tasted rotten that I sent back for 3 more shrimp that tasted like frozen box seafood. The stuffed crab was dry with hardly no crab meat and very heavy in a mustard taste. My family had other entrees that were not up to par as far as taste and quality for money spent however to much to list. We all chalked this up as we all got together for dad on Father's Day. The service was good but, that's not enough for me to go back.