“German Cockroaches Beware”

Ichiban Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #172 of 242 Restaurants in Bossier City
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

German cockroaches were spotted when I went to pick up a to go order yesterday. I immediately asked for my money back! If you value your health, don't eat here. I'm surprised the Bossier City health department hasn't shut this place down! Very scary and disgusting .... This place doesn't deserve a 1 star but that was my only option to select in order to submit a review.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I made a trip to Shreveport for her birthday and I wanted to take her to a hibachi restaurant. We settled on Ichiban and glad we did. Decor was not great and we did not have a show, but we did have was amazing service, amazing food, and the price was very reasonable.
We had the crunchy roll and the hibachi chicken and hibachi shrimp dinners. The plates of food were huge for the cost and the food was flavorful and did not disappoint. To me a big thing is if I lived here, we would be regulars. This diamond in the rough, or in the mall was well worth the trip and would gladly encourage people to come.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Food is good: if you ever ACTUALLY GET IT!!! Service is terrible, extremely disorganized!!! Brought wrong food after an hour wait!

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

The food is good, except for the egg rolls, and the sushi.

The sushi is way over priced for what your served. If you pay 2.00 more for crab you should probably get more than just 1/2 of a teaspoon of crab.

The egg roll had several undercooked veggies and little seasoning.

Now to the staff. Extremely unimpressed with the staff. Our group of four ordered two appetizers to share among ourselves, two things of sushi to try, and three meals.My fiancée and I shared.

They all came out at once. No time to separate appetizer from meal. This left little room on the table with all of the oversized plates.

Our waiter a red haired gentleman in his 20's apologized for not spacing them out. I figured he was new, so we went on about our meal.

However, with the table full of plates, this was a perfect opportunity for another one of the waiters, an older Asian man, to make a the loud comment as he walked past saying "Wow, your going to need a to go box."

I was not only embarrassed, but irritated by his comment. Especially seeing as how it was their fault all the orders came out at once.

I probably won't go back. Extremely rude and obviously untrained staff.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Service was slow and confusing. Our server acted like he had never been in a restaurant before...soft spoken and almost mumbling to us, asked us repeatedly if we were sure we wanted soup, salad and vegetables with our combo order when we clearly told him yes each time he asked. Well, after we got the soup and salad I could understand why he acted confused that we ordered it...miso soup is very, very watery and odd tasting and the "salad" was a dab of iceberg lettuce out of a bag with a lot of ranch dressing. He said miso was the only soup they serve and I guess ranch is the only dressing they have (he didn't even ask us what kind of dressing we wanted). Very substandard. When our main meal arrived it was actually very good, we had steak and veg and salmon and veg. We had to ask twice for a knife, took a long time coming and he said because they only had one knife back there...don't know what that's all about. Like I said, it was all very confusing how anything operated there. All the servers seemed to be unclear about what their job was. Our server was pleasant, just seemed confused. I think the mgmt does not train them at all and procedure seems to be non-existent. Bottom line, the main meal that was off the grill was very good and we totally enjoyed it, but everything else was lacking, so I doubt I will go back.