“Great seafood lunch!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit and I'd happily return again and again!
From the lunch specials I ordered a crab dish and it was excellent. The potatoes on the side were delicious as well.
My companion ordered a fresh fish special, and though the flavors were good, the fish was overcooked.
Service was prompt and server was very personable.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Our favorite dish was the Mahi Mahi Burbon Street. A grilled filet of Mahi Mahi covered with hollindaise sauce topped with grilled shrimp served with roasted potatoes and the veggie of the day. They also bring you hot rolls and hushpuppies.The last time we went, we were told they no longer serve the Mahi Mahi because it is hard to get. We were very disappointed. It is now severed with tilapia. When our daughter goes with us, she always orders the ribeye steak. She says it the best.
Have to go just to go to the restroom so you can hear Jerry Clower. They always have his stories playing I the restrooms. You will leave smiling and laughing.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

When you walk into this restaurant it feels like a step back in time. This is a good old fashioned restaurant that we enjoyed very much.
My husband and I each order a hurricane frozen drink that was delicious. They bring over some warm rolls and hush puppies that were both yummy. We also both ordered the seafood specialty called Ponchatrain which is very tasty of tilapia, crabmeat and shrimp sautéed in a cream sauce with tomatoes.
We were really pretty full but the desserts looked really good so we shared a piece of whites chocolate cheese cake with a pecan sauce which was so good.
Our waiter Tym was very nice and friendly. He told us that this dessert was his favorite and we agreed it was the best choice. We left very full but happy.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

From the gift shop (sauces & knickknacks) at the entrance to the aquarium in the dining room, this place is a step back in time. Luckily you're not stepping back too far. Everything is very comfortable and relaxed and the servers will walk you through the menu. Ask about the specials. I recommend the gumbo and the crab stuffed shrimp. Bring your appetite, this is not the small plate kind of place.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped here based on TripAdvisor. It's very close to I-20 and parking is easy. I had a dozen raw oysters and a combination shrimp platter (fried shrimp and shrimp stew). There was a bit of grit in the oysters but not too bad. The oysters were very good. The accoutrements were plentiful but I just used cocktail sauce and horseradish. The shrimp platter was perfect. My wife had a fish platter. Our server Amber was one of the best I've ever had. She gave us a brief history of the restaurant, took our order and showed up whenever we needed help.