“Pretty Bad....At least they have cheap rooms”

Diamond Jack's - Bossier City
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 18 February 2012

First off, if you are looking at just the price of the room and do not care about anything else, then you wont mind this place.

Now the bad. Decor, service, amenities.....

The room is spacious, but not very clean. I feel like the last time our room had a thorough cleaning was back about 10 years ago. But I can live with all of that, as I was just passing through on business and I was only there for one night. But the worst part was when I woke up in the Morning. The shower in the room did not work and the hot water was out. I was in a hurry to leave in the morning to get to a meeting and could not bother with dealing with maintence to fix anything. When I went down to checkout I was informed that they have a boiler blow up and there was no hot water in the entire Hotel. When I explained that I was not able to shower... they did not even offer up an apology, just stating that it was out of their control. They should have at least try to make it right, or even offer an apology. My company was paying for the room, so I was not looking for any handouts, I just wish they would have tried to make it right. A sincere apology would have gone a long way, but I couldn't even get that.

On a side note, the casino was pretty bad....

Stay away.....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SM46
There are newer reviews for Diamond Jack's - Bossier City

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I arrived at around 11:30pm, and check in was fast and efficient. I used a free room night voucher, received as a result of my membership in the casino's players club program, to pay for the stay.

I was given a jacuzzi suite on the 11th floor. The room was quite large, with separate living and sleeping areas separated by a wall-to-ceiling partition of sorts. The jacuzzi tub was in the sleeping area but with ample space between the tub and the bed. The bathroom was large and equipped with fluffy towels and an assortment of basic toiletries. The room and bathroom were both clean.

Generally, I would rate a property like this to be above average, but there were enough quirks to cause me to downgrade it a notch. Specifically:

- My bed, although comfortable, had a strange slope to the right. It can be seen when looking at the bed. It's odd that this has not been caught and repaired by the maintenance staff.

- Internet access is not free. It costs $9.99 per day.

- In-room climate control was very noisy. The unit is behind a grille in the wall, and it was too loud to keep on while I was trying to sleep. The amount of heat it produced seemed to vary, and I found that even with the unit running, the room didn't warm up a whole lot overnight - although the following morning, it seemed to be producing some heat. I don't know if my room happened to have a malfunctioning unit or if they're all like this, but it's appropriate to mention since it's something I experienced.

- Hotel requires a $100 cash deposit on check in, or the deposit can be paid by credit card. I was told when I booked the reservation that it could take 5 days for the amount to be refunded back to the credit card. This is the kind of practice one typically encounters at properties catering to a questionable clientele, and it surprised me that a property of this supposed cailbre would have such a policy.

- There's a small parking area outside the hotel for hotel guests, but not anywhere near the amount of parking required to accommodate those guests. I had to park in the casino parking garage instead.

As far as the casino goes - it's fairly small and compact, but I did find the staff to be pleasant and cordial.

Overall ... since I was using a free night voucher, I can't really complain about the overall stay, and I would definitely stay here again on a free voucher. But if I were paying for the stay, I'm not sure that the value received would have been worth the price paid.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank step12dude
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Upon first arrival, thought the room was pretty good for the price. The hotel was alot cheaper than other casinos in the area. Even though the decor was old, all was manageable for the low price. Then the boiler blew up at 6:00 am and there was no hot water. We were in a hurry to leave, so we really didn't call to complain, but mentioned it at check out. The response was "Oh yeah, the boiler is out and hot water is out ot the hotel." They did not offer any relief, any other discounted stay or anything to make it up to us. Doesn;t matter how cheap...no hot water is unacceptable. Gotta take care of your customers...Will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank fijidaniel
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Passing through for a night. The room I got was apparently used and not cleaned. It looked like a swinger party took place. We just left. Keep my money, I'll never come back. Ever!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Cajun16
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Got to hotel two hours after check in and my reserved rooms weren't ready. Waited almost an hour just to get one of the rooms. Had to leave due to plans made with my group, and when we got back, our second room was not what we reserved. They told me I should've gotten to the hotel earlier to make sure I get the room I reserve. What's the point of a reservation if you aren't going to RESERVE my rooms? Staff was rude, and only compensation for my troubles AFTER complaining several times was a $20 discount on the room we didn't want. Will NOT be staying here again. I had to pay for my friend to sleep on a cot because the wrong room only had one bed. Terrible customer service!!! Went for my birthday with friends, and this put a damper on the weekend.

Room Tip: Should you decide to use this hotel, you need to verify EVERY detail of EVERY reservation. Don't...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1.6 km away
La Quinta Inn Bossier City
La Quinta Inn Bossier City
#18 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Diamond Jack's - Bossier City? Share your experiences!