“Don't go for the free breakfast”

Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't go for the free breakfast”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This hotel was very conveniently located for us, which is why we chose it. Check-in was a little slow with only one person behind the desk. Our room was beautiful, comfortable, and clean. The fan in the bathroom was so loud, however, it was disturbing. We did let the staff know that it was in need of repair. I love a hotel with a free breakfast, but this was one of the worst I'd ever seen. Only carbs were available for consumption, and the coffee was tasteless. We were told eggs were available to order from the kiosk, but it was broken. When we went to the desk to order eggs, no one could figure out how to do it. We waited several minutes before leaving to eat breakfast elsewhere, so that complicated our time table a little bit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

After being ignored during checkin it only got worse. My rooms bathroom was dirty with hair on the wall and in the tub. I cleaned it up with a towel and the drain wasn't clear as I stood in water. I complained twice and they never fixed it. I was offered to change rooms or check out as a solution the second time I complained. The rooms were very musty even though it wasn't outside. The staff couldn't work the register at the cafe area and they couldn't care less about me as a guest. Very surprised Hyatt has such low standards. I don't know what elevator that other reviewer spoke about but the one I was in was in complete disarray and so run down I feared being trapped everytime I got in. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012

Travellers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Joinning my fiancée on her business trip during her birthday. Late arrival sunday around 11h30 pm, my fiancée takes a shower. Her birthday is in less than 30 minutes... Call service for a bottle of white wine, maybe Chardonnay? "Yes Sir, we have it chilled or not". It was delievered in less thatn 5 minutes with 2 glasses and a bottle opener. WOW!!!

Aside this story, hotel is real clean, spacious and right across a big shopping mall. Breakfast is complementary and well balanced, with lots of choices. Less than 50 minutes to New Orleans, we had diner there. We're back at the Hyatt's place on our next outting to Baton rouge.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank coach2720
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Nothing too special here, but the Hyatt place is very comfortable, clean and safe. It definitely fits square in the 3.5 star category. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The bedding is nice and comfortable. There is a nice couch / living room area, with a big couch, desk, counter area with fridge.

Bathroom was smaller than what you'd expect, but the sink is outside in the room area. The fan was quite loud.

Nothing else really to complain about, quite nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Maryville,Tn
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Room smelled musty upon arrival. Toilet was loose from floor, vent fan was noisy we thought.... Then a air unit came on and it was do loud, we thought surely there was a helicopter landing in the parking lot! We even looked twice! This noise kept me awake half the night. Then we get to breakfast, after staying in several other Hyatt place on this trip we were disappointed. Cereal, bagels, English muffins, biscuits and a few other items were all . No eggs of any kind. We have been spoiled by the other properties. This property appeared to be older. I might stay here again, not in the same room!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank foothillsfaces
Sean B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear foothillsfaces,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Rest assured the maintenance related issues you described will be adressed. We certainly hold higher standards, and I apologize that we were unable to deliver the level of comfort and service you expect with Hyatt Place. In regards to the breakfast offerings, Hyatt Place is indeed in the process of converting all hotels to the new breakfast that you reference. Our hotel is scheduled to begin providing the new Hyatt Place breakfast on June 1, 2012. We are excited to provide the new breakfast, and I am delighted that you have postive feedback from the experince at other Hyatt Place hotels that are already offering it. I do hope that you will provide us another opportunity to serve you during your next visit to Baton Rouge, and I again thank you for your feedback.

Sean Byers