“Always good!”

Georges Southside
Ranked #90 of 1,101 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

You really can't go wrong here. The food is always good and their french fries are the best. Try the combo po-boy, It's delicious.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Georges has 3 locations in Baton Rouge. I've been to all 3 but the one on Highland is my favorite. All are basically sports bars with several TVs and of course LSU dominates the scene.
The menu is written on a large chalk board. You fill out your order yourself and they call you when your food is ready. The food comes out quickly.
Their Shrimp Remoulade is the best I have ever had. The portion is generous and everything on it is very fresh. Their remoulade sauce has just the right amount of spices.
The onion rings and fried shrimp are excellent. We go to Georges nearly every time we go to Baton Rouge. The quality and amount of food is very consistant.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I was amazed at how fast the food was prepared and how good it was. We had a group of 7 at lunchtime and there was no problem getting seated. Portions were generous. Despite the temptation of George's fantastic fried shrimp poboys,etc, it is just as satisfying to go with the healthier options such as the salads and steamed veggies because they are so well prepared.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Shrimp etouffee on catfish can't be beat. I've never been to a restaurant where I knew so many customers!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I stopped in here for a quick lunch. The friendly, knowledgeable woman behind the bar said that their burgers and po'boys are their most popular menu items, so I ordered the shrimp po'boy. It was simple and delicious. Freshly breaded, perfectly fried shrimp atop a freshly baked, thick (but not heavy) sub roll, with just the right amount of mayo, lettuce, and thinly sliced tomatoes. It was easily the best po'boy I've had in a very long time, including one I had while in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. The fries appear to be fresh cut, and they give you an ample serving of them. Yum.

The interior is typical of a bar or pub. There is a second, brighter room to the right. When I arrived, only men were sitting at the bar or in the main dining room. All women save one man were seated in the second room. It seemed strange at first, but several of the women had young children with them so perhaps they sat out there so as not to disturb others.

They have large menus of both food and beer. I wish I were in town longer to check out some of the other offerings. If you're in need of a quick, delicious po'boy, check this place out.