See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Weird setup with Valet who waited for me to check in but didn't offer any help with bags.
Check in was quick and efficient. Should have known what I was in for when I was walking to my room and saw multiple room number signs hanging crooked from the wall.
The Room was extremely poorly maintained with Dark (Sweat?) Stains on Furniture Upholstery back and arms. Blanket on bed was some kind of synthetic that had wear holes and was decomposing such that it felt like foam rubber that was shedding when you touched it and kind of stuck to your skin. Tile grout was dirty, paint was blistering in shower. Exposed Poor Drywall repairs in multiple places. Cracked lid on toilet tank. But hey they did put a Christmas Tree Air Freshener in my Air Conditioner for that fresh outdoor scent to the room.

You could almost feel bad for them since the hotel was pretty empty, but then thanks to a little Google Research while I was the only one at the bar, I discovered that the Casino reported 47 Million in Revenue to the LA gaming commission after paying out winnings, so I think they could buy a new blanket or two and pay someone to give a %^#$ about the hotel.

There was almost no one in the only bar/restaurant that was open, but the popcorn shrimp was good and the bartender was friendly. Probably the best employee I ran into in the hotel. All told, sad to say because the location is beautiful, pay a little more and stay somewhere else. I'm not a casino person, but I did check it out and it seemed pretty sad with 3 floors almost entirely slot machines and one elevator. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Check your room before you unpack, maybe some are better than others, but there are some dogs for sure.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
BelleBatonRouge, Owner at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

We're sorry about your last stay with us. We are working hard on some major renovations, so we hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you down the road -- we know we can.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I book this hotel at the last minute because it was ½ mile from the funeral home. I am not familiar with Baton Rouge, so I had a hard time finding the hotel, I got there around 10:45 PM. The streets were a bit dark, there were some that I wasn’t even sure if they were a street, alley or what. Many illegal U-turns and driving the wrong way (and this is from someone who has a navigation system and used Waze as well.

The valet was closed, so I drove around looking for a place to park, no luck. I pulled into the valet area & asked the security guard if she knew where I could park and that I needed to check-in.

Everything was right there, which made it easy.

The hotel wasn’t bad for the price, as well as my needs at the time. I would like to give kudos to the security lady, the valet girl, as well as the check-in ladies.

Large clean rooms and bathroom, just needs a few cosmetic updates... maybe a bit of a cushion to keep the headboards from banging against the wall because the people next to me were beating it up pretty bad. :O

Would I stay again? Maybe if I arrived during the day so I could find it. I would not have felt safe walking by myself from the parking garage (still no idea where it is) to check-in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank chrisberrytex
BelleBatonRouge, Owner at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

We're sorry about your last stay with us, Chris. We are working on some major renovations soon, so we hope you will be back to give us another opportunity to impress you down the road -- we know we can.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We had planned a girls weekend and had booked online. When we arrived at the hotel there were no valet people at the station and a ton of cars needing to be moved. I went in to check in and I have never in my life seen such a rude, unprofessional desk clerk. She actually acted like how dare I check in and make her work. Her name was Shanita. I then said I needed a bellhop and valet to assist me. She literally did not speak she turned her back and walked into a little room and then came out and said ok go wait outside. I thought wow I hope this is not a bad sign. Well since there were 5 of us we had a good bit of luggage a ice chest and gifts. We needed a cart to load it on. The bellhop apologized and said all their carts had been stolen last week. He was extremely professional and assured us that he would get everything up to our room. We helped him lug everything up. He was the best thing about that place. First of all I had booked a room and requested a refrigerator due to medication I needed to store. There was none in the room. When we entered the room it was filthy. I really don't think the room had been cleaned. It smelled HORRIBLE! There was hair and dust all over the table and desk. The pictures on the wall had an inch of dust on them. The wooden box over the curtains was dripping with dust. The bathroom was nasty and filthy. It had no toilet tissue and only 2 towels. The cover on one bed had some really gross stiff stuff spilled on it. There was mold on the ceiling and in the bathroom and food in the AC unit. The phone did not work so we could not call down to the desk. We had to go down and deal with sour puss Shanita again. She informed me that all the rooms with fridges were on the 10th floor and they were all booked so there was nothing she could do. She also told me she would send someone to fix the phone and clean the room. After waiting over an hour with no one showing up. We called the Hilton down the street and booked a room there and left. When I told Shanita I wanted to check out because we were not staying in a filthy room that was not even the room I had booked. I had gotten an email confirmation stating my room would have a fridge. She literally never said a word to me. I asked her for a confirmation that I had checked out and she said I can't do that. She never apologized. She was just rude. While waiting for our vehicle the bellhop came out and apologized over and over. He said he was so sad that we were leaving. He also said nothing will ever change there until management is changed. He said I am just a college student doing my best to work a job at a place that has too many things wrong to count. I really want to tell you this whole place needs a total renovation. It is a dump that could really be nice. The check in experience is literally the worse I have ever experienced and I have stayed at many hotels and casinos. Just pass on this one and save yourself a big headache. The Hilton down the street was awesome. With a great restaurant and bar on location. Super professional and friendly staff. The Belle is certainly no Belle.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank JaniceKo

Thank you for taking the time to leave this honest feedback, JaniceKo. This is not the kind of quality experience you should expect when you stay with us. We are working hard to improve every day, and we have some big renovations on the way. We hope you'll give us another chance to impress you sometime -- we know we can.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I needed somewhere close to the arena, which this hotel is. The staff are not friendly. Checking in felt like I was hugely inconveniencing them and that I was not welcome. Big security presence too, possibly casino related. The breakfast was vulgar. A plate of oil, practically. Even the toast was bad.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Emily M
BelleBatonRouge, Owner at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

We're sorry about your last stay with us, Emily. We work hard to improve all the time, so we hope you'll give us another chance to impress you down the road -- we know we can.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

If you’re in the area, consider a different hotel! It’s a great architectural setup with the atrium enclosing the old catfish town village! However the rooms are not well kept! There are no refrigerators or microwaves! My room was dirty upon arrival and the commode was stopped! They did fix it but I just believe housekeeping could do a better job! I stay here only because my company pays for it due to easy access to the river center!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jww002
BelleBatonRouge, Owner at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

We're sorry about your room last time you came in to join us. We are working hard to improve all the time, so we hope you'll give us another chance to impress you down the road.