“Delicious!”

Pura Vida Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 107 Restaurants in Somerset
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A colleague and I went in for dinner and we were very pleased with our food. Superior service. I will definitely be back the next time I’m in town.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in before a meeting in town. The owner was super friendly and very welcoming, he even sang a song. The food was good and made fresh. I'll be back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

It took us a while to try this restaurant, so glad we did! The food was excellent, freshly prepared daily. The atmosphere is bright, very clean and festive although the exterior is not impressive. We were treated to a serenade too. They pride themselves on serving healthy dishes. The menu and Costa Rican menu was explained and suggestions given by Alberto. They pride themselves on offering healthy food. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Had the good fortune to stop in here on a wintry January afternoon. The ambience warmed us up with its warm yellow decor an spotless interior. This place serves great Costa Rican food. My colleague and I tried the Casado Campesino. You can choose steak, chicken or fish (we had the tilapia) served with rice, black beans, picadillo, salad, sweet plantains and a fried egg. Everything was cooked perfectly and very flavorful. We washed it down with great Costa Rican coffee served chorreado a six step process in which hot water is poured though coffee grounds held in a cloth filter mounted on a wooden stand. The coffee was rich and robust. The waiter even serenaded us with a couple of Spanish folk songs. The experience was just about perfect.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

I suppose it's a matter of taste, but I didn't love the food. I did love the owner and the fact that he was so friendly and sang to us. The place seemed clean. We don't mind to pay for good food, but thought it was expensive for what you get. It was an okay experience, and I can't really think of anything great or horrible to say. It was just okay. I wouldn't go back, but you might like it!