“Yummy Scones and Coffee ”

Sixth & Main Coffeehouse Incorporated
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

This place is adorable! The scone was still warm and was so tasty! The coffee was delicious. I will be back when I am back in town:)

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I thought I would give this local coffee house a second try. The coffee was much better and service was fine. It's a cute little place in downtown Shelbyville. The locals go there for a cup of joe and conversation. If fact,I met a friendly couple while sipping a cup of coffee today. Hey, there are some nice antique shops down the street too.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This is where I'd go to have a coffee and a bite and get online and just relax, browse the internet and enjoy a coffee

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Ran into the Sixth and Main Coffeehouse by accident and decided to see what they had to offer. Upon entering from the street the smell of fresh coffee was just wonderful. The atmosphere is different and I think interesting and unique. There are a number of painting for sale on the walls (I think by local artist) and the menu has a wide variety of drinks to choose from.

Staff was friendly and welcoming. There are sitting chairs in the back where one can relax, drink a hot copy of java and eat a wonderful chocolate cookie.

Dr. Marc, PS 63:7

Reviewed 8 April 2016

We have so many memories at 6th & Main - this is our go to spot after sledding for hot chocolate when the snow flies and school is cancelled.

The Sixth & Main is NOTHING like a Starbucks - so if that is what you are after look elsewhere - 6th&Main Coffee always makes me think of one of those funky/quirky/weird/unique places in that old 90's TV show "Gilmore Girls" - (yes, I watched Gilmore Girls, it rings true for any single parent, and besides, I have a thing for Lauren Graham...)

There is always an unexpected and unpredictable mix of people coming in and out at the corner of 6th and Main... the floor is super worn and way off kilter, the furniture is mismatched most of the tables lean to one side, the sun streaming in the south facing windows always makes the front of the shop SUPER warm while that back is dark and drafty.. and I love it all..

They have a great collection of books - lots of them about Kentucky history and lore - and yes, the coffee is good! The wait staff is usually someone who knows us, or at least knows my son... and the collection of hipsters, wealthy married ladies on antiquing trips, school kids, lawyers headed to the courthouse down the street, and stroller pushing moms is fun to watch... not everybody knows your name, but we almost always run into a friend..

If you like generic and modern - keep going - if you like unique, historic and unpredictable - pull up a chair!