“Waited 3 hours for cold, incomplete order”
Review of Asia Buffet

Asia Buffet
Ranked #52 of 72 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I would not recommend ordering delivery from this place.
I ordered food for delivery at 7pm and waited until 10:30pm
because they confused our order and their fax machine
wasn't working? And then we got a call from our delivery driver
saying he was at our gate, in which we did not have. He had
driven to the other side of town. By the time we got our food,
it was cold and to top it all, they charged us for chicken fried
rice, which we did not receive. We called the delivery driver back
and he gave us $5 back. It was my first time ordering from here
and I will never order from here again. Definitely my worst
experience.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Well, let us start with the exterior (I know, I shouldn’t have gone past this but I did anyway). As you enter this establishment you get to see their brick-ledge that has and assortment of cigarette butts, beep caps and bird droppings. Then there is plenty additional dropping steaming down from the emergency light over the entrance. Now let move to the interior; the carpet is heavily stained, the tile looks to be very greasy, water leaks onto the floor causing a slip hazard (I nearly fell twice). The Food; on a scale of 1-10, I would give it 6.5, not bad but just okay. The SERVICE, was the only true Pro of my visit. They were very friendly and quick to respond to your needs. But all and all I do not plan on returning to this buffet.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I ate here several times while on business in Shelbyville. Nice selection. Everything was basically fresh. (Gotta be careful with buffets. LOL. ) Would definitely go back again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Food looked like it had been out too long. Perhaps because it was a Monday night and they weren't very busy...I don't know. I will not try them again.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We walked into this restaurant not expecting much and got the surprise of our lives! Firstly, no one objected to my Medical Service Animal and that alone was worth all the gold in Kentucky. When I glanced over to the first row of selections I was convinced I have found a new best friend here.

For less than $8, one can fill a take-out container with enough food to last the entire day - all healthy and balanced. Outstanding dessert selection. To my surprise they even have *FRESH* fruit which we haven't seen in weeks. There was also a nice assortment of seafood and fresh shrimp which was unblemished!

There were delicious BBQ items and kabobs as well. There are also some items which are similar to Havana Rumba's pricey appetizers. The fragrant rices are amazingly similar to Clay Oven's in Louisville and just as tasty.

Amazingly enough they also have fresh, raw cucumbers, tomatoes, lemons, oranges, etc.... so really, one could eat healthy, on an insanely low budget, and get food whose quality and taste are exceptional without traveling into hostile territory (Louisville) or burning tons of gas/fuel.

For some reason there are large roofer's nails strewn throughout the area in Louisville's East End, so it's worth staying in Shelby County to still get exceptional food without the hassle of dealing with Louisville's angst.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!